Hi everyone! 

Hope you all had a great week. There are a couple new things going on over at our HQ that I wanted to share with you all. 

For one, we’re headed to Vegas! Well, our content is. We recently partnered with the Las Vegas Review-Journal to promote financial literacy and personal finance content to the Las Vegas market. With this partnership, the Review-Journal will publish The Penny Hoarder articles to their readers in Las Vegas. 

The Penny Hoarder Car Wrap

We also launched a fun marketing campaign this week. We teamed up with a Tampa Bay startup called Nickelytics to promote financial literacy across the Tampa Bay area. Together, we’re wrapping cars (like the above!) with messages of financial empowerment. If you’re in the area, you may see these cars zipping around. If you spot one, take a picture and share it with us here in the community. 

There’s been a lot of great discussion in the community this past week. A lot of you are asking some great questions, so let’s help each other out! We’d love your thoughts on these threads:

This Penny Hoarder found themselves in emergency debt. With only $740 coming in each month from disability income and a $500 vet bill, she knows it’ll be challenging to pay off with 28% interest soon kicking in. Let’s share some advice and/or support with this community member.

@Swayla Monche asked: How do I build my credit with a credit card? For those of you who have done this successfully, can you share some of your tips and best explanations with this community member?

This Penny Hoarding-couple is semi retired. They asked: “Where can we find house-sitting or care-taking jobs near Atlanta?” Does anyone know of any great jobs we can recommend to this couple?

I asked you all: what are your rules when it comes to relationships and money? There were so many great comments that were left here. We’d love to get more perspectives on this thread, so be sure to let us know your take! 

Enter for Your Chance to Win a Trip to Italy!

We partnered with some brands we love to bring you the chance to win a trip to Italy (yeah, that Italy). The $4,000 prize package includes an airfare voucher, accommodations, a hands-on cooking course, a cruise around Cinque Terre, a wine tasting experience and a whole lot more. Enter here for your chance to win

And, if you’d like some weekend reading… 

Our team published an article about how to launch a real estate empire with only $500 with our partner, DiversyFund. For those of you looking for a start in real estate investing, this may be a good one to begin with. If you’re ready to become a real estate investor without having to throw around your entire life’s savings, put that extra spending money to work and get started with DiversyFund. 

Finally, for our retirees in the group —  are you interested in being included in an upcoming article on The Penny Hoarder? Our staff writer, Nicole Dow, stopped by the community this week and asked if any retirees have tips on how to cut costs and save money in retirement. If this is you, please consider sharing your experiences with Nicole. You may be included in an upcoming article on The Penny Hoarder.

Until next week! 

Maryann 

Attachments

Images (1)
Original Post

Looks like things are pretty exciting for you guys!

Good to see that you are reaching out further with the helpful content TPH offers.

Things were pretty busy for me last month but looking forward to what the next month has in store.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.