Skip to main content

Hi everyone!

I hope you’re doing well.

December is always a fun month at The Penny Hoarder HQ. For starters, we had our annual holiday party this week. Though it was virtual, it was still fun. (Let’s just say a magician and hot chocolate bombs were involved.) How are your holiday plans shaping up this year? Are you going virtual? Keeping things small? Comment down below and tell us how you’re celebrating.

Second and most exciting — The Penny Hoarder is 10 years old today! It’s been a wonderful decade of sharing our best personal finance tips and resources. We’re especially proud of the community we have here. We’re over 30,000 strong! Thank you all for being part of our journey.

We came up with 10 questions to test your knowledge of The Penny Hoarder — some of them involve advice you’d get from our site, while others are fun trivia you may not know about us. Submit your answers and you’ll be entered to win one of 10 $100 prizes we’re giving away to celebrate our loyal Penny Hoarders. We’ll publish the answers in The Penny Hoarder’s Dec. 21 newsletter.

Finally, if you want to show off your Penny Hoarder pride, we have special edition desktop and phone backgrounds.

With that said, let’s go right on to the announcements:

Here in the community we never shy away from real life money dilemmas. Finances can get tricky especially when others are involved, so let’s help each other out and dive into this week’s threads.

@wood's shared that her ex-husband has tax debt he did not disclose before marriage. Though wood is now divorced, the tax debt is attached to her name. Where should she begin? If you’ve experienced something similar, head on over to the thread and share.

Talk about a blast from the past! Last year, @Former Member asked the community “What has been your money epiphany?” I thought it was a great question and I noticed some new responses, so I wanted to resurface this thread. What has been your money epiphany? Head on over to the thread to share what you’ve learned.

@Denise L Wagoner asked, “What are the best personal loan options for folks with no credit history (20yrs cash only) and/or low credit score with income under $18000?” If you have an answer for Denise, please head on over to the thread.

And, if you’d like some holiday related weekend reading…

Spread Holiday Cheer Without Overspending. Here Are 7 Ways to Do Christmas on a Budget

Buying holiday gifts for everyone can really throw you off budget. Reduce your spending with these gift-giving tactics.

How the 4-Gift Rule Helped Me Save on My Kids’ Holiday Gifts

This article from The Penny Hoarder dates back to 2017, but I wanted to share the writer’s perspective on gift giving. I figure it may be helpful for those still brainstorming gift ideas for their little ones this year.

Maryann

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.