Hi everyone,

Happy Friday and Memorial Day Weekend! I know this holiday weekend may look a little different for many of us this week. What plans do you have?

With more people cancelling summer travel plans than ever before, I asked in the community this week: Have you been successful in getting a refund for summer travel? If this is you, please do comment in the thread. I’d love to hear about the steps you took. 

If you’d like some weekend reading, here are a couple articles from The Penny Hoarder:

7 Situations Where You Could Get More Stimulus Money in 2021

Your coronavirus check may have come and gone, but there are a few scenarios that could land you even more stimulus money when you file your 2020 return.

How to File for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance: a State-by-State Guide

Pandemic Unemployment Assistance can be confusing. Our 50-state guide - including an interactive map with filing instructions for every state - will help.

We have a new member of the month, @sthom! Thank you for all your contributions to the community. We’re so glad to have you! 

Next week Wednesday, we’re hosting a virtual Q&A via Facebook Live titled “How To Make Money When Jobs Are Scarce,” featuring New York Times bestselling author and side hustle expert, Chris Guillebeau and The Penny Hoarder’s entrepreneurship and jobs reporter, Adam Hardy. You can expect an informative conversation on how to earn additional income during these unprecedented times. The Facebook Live will take place next week Wednesday, May 27 at 1 p.m. ET. You can register here

Finally, we recently released a new survey question. We asked: What are your current top financial priorities?. We’d love to hear from you, so we can better support you through the content we are delivering in our Daily newsletter and on ThePennyHoarder.com.

I hope you have a great long weekend! 

Till next week, 

Maryann 

Attachments

Images (1)
Last edited by Maryann
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.