Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

How was the first week of June? It’s strange to think we’re almost half-way through the year. 

I know many of us set some financial goals at the beginning of the year. Has anyone made any progress on their goals? If applicable, how has COVID affected your goals? Comment down below. I’d love to know how everyone is doing.

Here is a thread in the community this week that caught my eye:

@CS asked the age-old question: student loans vs. savings? This community member has a stable job and source of income, and would like to pay down debt. They asked, “Should [I] take advantage of the stopping interest accumulation on my student loans and bulk up my payments for the next six months, or use that money to bulk up my savings account for an emergency?” Let’s help CS out. Head on over to the thread, and share your thoughts. 

If you’d like some weekend reading, here are a few articles from The Penny Hoarder:

These 39 Brands Will Fix or Replace Anything You Buy From Them

One of the easiest ways to save money is to buy products that last. The next best thing is to buy products with a lifetime warranty, like the ones sold by these companies.

Money-Saving Habits to Hold Onto Even as You Venture Out More

Quarantine was great for not spending money. As it ends, you don’t have to go back to your old ways. Here are nine money-saving habits worth maintaining. 

Finally, serious question: can you tell the difference between store and name brand items? 

The Penny Hoarder’s staff writer, Mike, recorded this video where he tried store and the name brand versions of classic drinks or meals. Our team got a good laugh out of it, so I thought I’d share in case you can use a laugh (and something fun to watch!) this weekend. 

Till next week, 

Maryann 

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.