I need guidance on filing unemployment as a gig worker. Never an option before but supposedly gig workers can file under the new Corona Virus Financial Relief Package and walking dogs is my full time job.  I went to my State's unemployment filing link and there's no information but I went ahead and filed. It's obvious the site hadn't been updated, there was no reference to gig or part time workers. I did the best I could with the way it was structured but it's not right. Can you guide me? Is there a website with more information that I don't know about? Thanks so much for your help!!

Original Post

Yeah, I feel your frustrations. There were mandates put into place for each state's unemployment bureau to put into motion because of the coronavirus to allow contract gig workers to apply for unemployment. Each state should have a special COVID19 website/newsletter which covers unemployment information. I had to find it for my daughter who lives in Florida because it has differences in details. I suggest Googling COVID19/unemployment benefits/your state to get a better link. Also, if you know or google your local politician  (mayor, assembly, state, and federal senator, and congressperson), their websites will/should have information/links. Remember they all work for us, taxpayers. Hopes this helps.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.