Hello every one. I'm looking for some good books to
read. Looking for any thing that will help me save money,
make money or just help me out.

Thank you for your help

Paying credit card debit off. Side hustles.
Saving money,coupons.
Bonnie Squires

Original Post

For financial books, I have a couple that I recommend that I think everyone should read as a good foundation for finances.

1.) Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki - this one goes into detail about how to think about your money correctly and the important of owning assets over liabilities.

2.) The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason - this book talks about the importance of paying yourself first and shows you how it works

These two books I think are fundamentals. I am sure that list will grow over time but there are still many books I need to read. One book I am currently reading called The Secrets of The Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker will probably be another one on my list of favorites once I finish reading it.

Some books that are not directly related to finances but I believe are important to read for someone taking finances seriously are:

3.) How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

4.) The Go-Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann

These 4 books have completely changed the way I view certain things in life such as finances and have really helped me in becoming a better person.

@Bonnie Squires I would definitely check the library first. They are pretty popular books so you never know.

Next I would check any local thrift shops. I have bought a book online only to kick myself when I found it at the thrift store for a 1/4 the price only a couple days later. (Which I bought of course)

If that doesn't work, I would recommend checking out Thrift Books. They get those books in and if they run out, they will usually replenish their stock before too long.

The books are generally used but you can get them at a great price. And if you spend more than $10, you can get free shipping.

Unless you wish to outright own the books, I'd do a search and then request what you are interested in from inter-library loan.  Most libraries are a part of this system; just check.  There is usually a form to fill out and it might take a few weeks but the books do come in with no cost to you.  I've found that the time allowed is about the same as checking out a book from the local library (about two weeks). Plenty of time to make notes.  The only exception is that you cannot request a book until it's been published for a year.  Items published for instance in October 2019 will not become available until October 2020.  I actually have a running list of books that I plan to request. Thrift stores are great too but kind of hit or miss if you are looking for specifics.  It is a cheap way to introduce yourself to the thrift lifestyle genre though.  

I recommend a minimalism book. It might not seem obvious at first, but adopting a minimalist lifestyle has helped me save more money than anything else I've ever done. 

I suggest The Year of Less by Cait Flanders. Cait decided that for one full year she was going to stop buying anything she didn't deem as a need. Through the process, she got rid of many possessions, and benefited enough financially that she learned she didn't need as much to live on as she thought she did.

Add Reply

Likes (1)
Deon Christie