What are some really effective ways to boost a credit score?

I have never heard of that but I have always said how amazing it is that we are not able to include our household bills to establish payment history and credit worthiness! They definitely pull our credit to determine deposit information!!! Definitely will check this out! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Prince_Alarming posted:

Another way to help boost your credit is, Experian Boost. I’m not trying to advertise or anything like that, just passing on some good solid info.

Experian Boost is free. It uses you electric bill, cell phone/home phone to help boost your score. Just thought I’d pass this on.

I never heard of that. That sounds great!

1 Like

Effective ways to boost a credit score

1. Deletion of negatives

2. Clear your debts

3. A maximum of 10% credit utilization

4. Maximum of 3-4 credit cards more than that causes more harm

5. Dispute any errors or items in your credit report

6. If you ever get confuse contact an expert but be very careful

7. Use a reputable credit repair company

This should help you http://creditstreamers.com/info/

I started building my score a few months ago and currently have a FICO score of 785

2 Likes

These are some steps to get faster results:

1. Find out when your issuer reports payment history There’s something called a “credit utilization ratio.” This is the amount of credit you’ve used compared to the amount of credit you have available. You have a ratio for your overall credit card use as well as for each credit card. It’s best to have a ratio — overall and on individual cards — of less than 30%. But here’s an insider tip: To boost your score even quicker, keep your credit utilization ratio under 10%).

2. Pay your debts strategicallySince the FICO score also looks at each card ratio, you can bump up your score by paying down the card with the higher balance. This helps your credit score).

3. Pay twice a month: ( You know that call you made to get the payment history? Make a payment two weeks before the closing date and then make another payment just before the closing date. This, of course, assumes you have the money to pay off your big expense by the end of the month. This also helps your credit score).

4. Raise your credit limits Now, if you tend to have problems with overspending, don’t try this. The goal is to raise your credit limit on one or more cards so that your utilization ratio goes down. But, again, this only works out in your favor if you don’t feel compelled to use the newly available credit.

5. Bottom line: ( When you want to boost your credit score, there are two basic rules you have to follow:

First, keep your credit card balances low.

Second, pay your bills on time (and in full). Do these two things and then toss in one or more of the sneaky ways above to give your score a kick start.

And remember — you do not have to carry a balance to build a good score. If you do that, you’re on a slippery slope to debt.

1. Best of all You could hire a professional to boost your credit, while you watch it rise. I recommend

http://repairbase.ga

1 Like

I found this summary to be helpful, especially the advice about Experian Boost:
https://finedtoday.com/CreditArticle.html