Frequent Flyer Miles

Now that we are retired, we put our utility bill on FFcharge card. We leave this week to visit family in Boise Idaho. I will go there round trip from Spingfield, Mo. for $25.00. Simple steps like really help us to enjoy retirement. We love using our points without buying things we don’t need. After all we were always buying gas, electricity, water and sewer. Why not get paid back by paying your bill on time and get a free flight. Shelia W.

6 Likes

Great idea! Do you have a general FF card, or is it airline specific? I was considering this myself.

Great! Love to hear success stories like yours. Travel at a low price!wavey

How do you get a general ff card

2 Likes

@shelia.wright posted:

Now that we are retired, we put our utility bill on FFcharge card. We leave this week to visit family in Boise Idaho. I will go there round trip from Spingfield, Mo. for $25.00. Simple steps like really help us to enjoy retirement. We love using our points without buying things we don’t need. After all we were always buying gas, electricity, water and sewer. Why not get paid back by paying your bill on time and get a free flight. Shelia W.

wow what a great way to eran

To get a frequent flyer card, contact the airline you use most frequently use and seek to obtain a charge card. Many airlines charge a fee for their card but if you travel just 1 time by air our fee is negated by allowing us to fly with our luggage for free. I use to mail my luggage to my destination. It was cheaper than the baggage fee at the airport.

no good to me i don’t travel by plan

We don’t have a ff card but our card gives us points to use for other things like hotels. We also have a BJ’s card that gives us points and also an automatic discount on BJ’s gas. Also, never carry a balance so there are no interest charges monthly.

we also pay off our cards each month. we also have a card that gives us gift cards for our points and they are often discounted. we get cash back on a card and get more back than we ever expect. there are many excellent cards out there and there is no one best card to have, let’s be all in on using the cards that work best for our families!

it sounds like a discover card is best for many. every one can get cash back, or gift cards that are generous, and each month there is a bonus program that gives bonus points at grocery or gas stations or maybe movies. we have had our discover card since 1978. We love that card as well. It is hard to know or learn ( i did the math) that we have had that card that long. the card has been a blessing for us in years we were short on cash and we used our points for a gift card that was used for a birthday, or wedding gift, no one ever knew we got the card for free.