lease cars

i just leased a car for the first time in my life, i am 72 years young lol so my son says to me mom you need to lease a car so you have no worries they take care of everything but your brakes and tires, i don’t go far i am allowed 10,000 miles a year i was wondering has any one else leased and if so are you happy with this type of deal?? thank you

3 Likes

I have not but my parents (76) do and they love it. Congrats on the new car!

3 Likes

Leasing is a pretty no-frills way to have a nice, clean car for a few years!

3 Likes

Listen up Irishnanny. If you can afford it then you should lease a car, drive it 2 years and trade it in for a new one. Most people make a car payment so just pay by the month; with a clause to stop paying anytime you choose.

2 Likes

Here’s a new article from The Penny Hoarder on the pros and cons of buying or leasing a car: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co…ing-vs-buying-a-car/

1 Like

thank you all i apricate your input

Be very careful with mileage. 10,000 miles seems low. However if you go over the mileage at the end of your lease it could be very costly. So stay on top of that. If you go over at the end they generally want the difference up front. So if you think you are going to go over negotiate with the bank to pay the overage in payments but you must do that before your last payment is due. Enjoy your new ride.

1 Like

thank you, the most i put on my car that i owned was 6000 a year because i don;t drive far for work shopping stores are across the street where i live and my children are always picking me up to go places with them so it will work for me, and the fact that i don’t have to worry about most repairs makes me happy have a great day every one

2 Likes

For me personally, I need a car anyway, instead of spending money on it that’s not mine, I should save that money and buy a car. Do whatever you like. It’s a bit expensive but it’s mine

1v1 battle

1 Like