Savings bonds

I have some Savings bonds I want to invest for the grandchildren that Have reached maturity. I would like a way to turn them over , about 2000. Into a non tax paying and saving way that I won’t touch until I pass on. Any ideas?

Are these Savings Bonds in your name? Or the name(s) of your grand children?


Here’s a link that might help you, especially the section:

Education Tax Exclusion…ying-taxes-7373.html

We will be facing the same situation with the Savings Bonds we bought for our granddaughter, ideally they should go for her education (that is way off track by now, she’s 22 and stopped being interested in it), so we will give them to her parents and let them decide what to do. I really like the idea of a non-taxable roll over. Thanks you for a good question.

Thank you for your responses.

1 Like