Senior Traveling

I am finally a senior ( Yeah!). I would like to go traveling but I am interested if anyone in the community travels with any Senior groups. I am kind of tired of waiting for that perfect time so others can travel with me so I am thinking of traveling alone. So much to see, so little time.

Please share your stories and traveling experiences with me.

2 Likes

This isn’t specific to senior traveling, but when I went on my trip through Go Ahead Tours, I was in a travel group with all ages, most in their 50s and 60s. It was nice because you got to meet all new people and have the trip planned out for you!

2 Likes

Thank I will check it out.

1 Like

Always thought of traveling but am by myself and not sure that would work. So any thoughts on groups would be appreciated

1 Like

I have done bus tours though Eurpoe & it was a mix of families, couples, friends & single travellers. I liked the bus tours too because I didn’t need to worry about train connections, driving & navagating (and missing the views!) booking hotels, etc. I got to check out the flavours of Europe & find out where I wanted to go back to spend more time. They did have the options to share a room with someone else for a discount or have your own hotel room. The group eats some meals together & some apart but there is always others you can eat with or walk with. I made a great friendship on a trip & we are still friends 18yrs later though she now lives in Australia.

Resorts will sometimes have an option to share a room as well at a discounted rate.