SUMMONS

Does anybody know of a book that one can use to give an answer to a summons to pay a debt?

1 Like

@sango could you elaborate more on what you are referring to when you say a “summons to pay off debt”? Are you referring to someone being ordered by a court to pay off debt?

2 Likes

A debt collector has sent a server to my home to give me a summons from a debt collector. I need help in providing an Answer to the summons. That is my concern. How do I reply to said summons?

1 Like

@sango this is not an issue I am very familiar with and I of course am no lawyer.

But there is hope! Google to the rescue! :)

I found this article detailing how to respond in 3 easy steps.

Also this one about answering a civil summons.

Hope this helps somewhat! If you need more info, just type this search term in google: “how to respond to a summons from a debt collector”

4 Likes

? WOW…thanks so much.

3 Likes

@sango also, here’s a list of forms you can use to respond to the debt lawsuit.

Just choose the form from the state you live in; fill it out and file it with the court. https://www.solosuit.com/posts/9

2 Likes

@sango also, here’s a list of forms you can use to respond to a debt lawsuit. Just the form for the state you live in; fill it out and file it with the court.

Check the date of the debt I received one that is for an old account over 9 years old to be able to arnish my income tax. I need to know how to cancel this order. It was issued over many years earlier and court ordered but obviously outside of the limit of years to even be collected. Do I call the debt collector or the court on this.

1 Like