Credit Score Debt

I looked at my credit scores recently and found out my knee surgery from 2014 is now up to $51,000!!! Approximately half of it is interest alone. It is crushing my credit score. Any suggestions?

Thanks, S

Contact the creditor and try to work out a settlement amount that you can make payments on or wait one more year and it will become uncollectible and will drop off on its own. 7 years statute in most states.

3 Likes

I agree with @Leslie Kay. That’s where my debt is…medical bills so I feel your pain, @Steve Hofmeister.

Hire a hospital advocate. They will negotiate a lower amount with the hospital. They really r great negotiators.

1 Like

I agree with Leslie also. That is a huge hospital bill. If you have a decent car and a place to live plus anything else that is neccessary for you, id wait the 7 years or make a 20.00 a month payment arrangement. Im surprised they did the surgery without you having little to no health insurance.

1 Like

That is the same question I have asked myself about insurance. I took time off from working because of the ski season and spent a lot of time in Tahoe. I’m looking into it this week. Hard to imagine I would opt for surgery without medical

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

@steve.hofmeister posted:

I looked at my credit scores recently and found out my knee surgery from 2014 is now up to $51,000!!! Approximately half of it is interest alone. It is crushing my credit score. Any suggestions?

Thanks, S

The suggestion about a hospital advocate is excellent.I