Easy Christmas money

I started putting $10.00 in quarters in a piggy bank each month, plus all leftover change from breaking bills. Every December I take the change to the bank to convert it to dollars. I usually have around $200.00. It’s a little change in behavior, but it really helps at Christmas time.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely try this! I absolutely hate $1 bills and Pennies or even any loose change. Might as well put it to work than letting it sit at the bottom of my laundry hamper or wherever it ends up.

2 Likes

I use my spare change and any ‘unexpected’ money- rebates/refunds, mileage from work, money from selling things- for Christmas and vacations. The spare change adds up! Last two years I had plenty of money for both kids and my man’s gifts. Great no stress holiday shopping.

2 Likes

I do a similar thing, but with nickels instead.

2 Likes

When we find ourselves able to do so, saving money like this is fun for me. I hate carrying spare change around in a wallet/purse. Be careful (LOL!) This how saving money and investing became a fun game and challenge for me! It can lead to a bit of an obsession to figuring out different ways to move from small change to big dollars!

3 Likes

Exactly @mintjulep! I pay for everything in bills now and look for ways to get change.

1 Like

mintjulep posted:

When we find ourselves able to do so, saving money like this is fun for me. I hate carrying spare change around in a wallet/purse. Be careful (LOL!) This how saving money and investing became a fun game and challenge for me! It can lead to a bit of an obsession to figuring out different ways to move from small change to big dollars!

I agree, that I can become quite the engaging game! My kids know to look for change on the ground, pop bottles for recycling, etc to get themselves some extra money.

2 Likes

I enter contests & sweepstakes to win prizes and some I will save up for Christmas & birthdays for my family & friends. I also redeem points for gift cards to use to buy gifts.

1 Like