Google+ is shutting down?

Does anyone know anything about this? I read on Business-Insider that Google+ is shutting down as a result of a bug. This is going to have a serious impact because my Google+ Profile with Communities and Collections was SO much work!

I was sent a notice awhile ago about google plus
about it shutting down or changing to some thing.
All so if you go to your google page and have notification
right hand said it my say some thing there because i click
to see what people had posted and there was a pop up but went to
fast for me to read it all. Sorry not more of a help

1 Like

Bonnie Squires posted:

I was sent a notice awhile ago about google plus
about it shutting down or changing to some thing.
All so if you go to your google page and have notification
right hand said it my say some thing there because i click
to see what people had posted and there was a pop up but went to
fast for me to read it all. Sorry not more of a help

Thanks @bonnie.squires. I was kind of hoping it wasn’t the case. Put quite a bit of work into building Google+ Communities and Collections. I’m hoping it would just change into something new so we don’t lose all that hard work.

1 Like

@deon.christie I totally understand

1 Like

There was a rumor of this for some time but it was a while back that they actually announced to the public that they were shutting down.

Google was just never able to get the site where it needed to be and their user base was almost non-existent over the past few years.

Then with all the recent buzz about privacy issues with social media networks, Google had to admit that they were experiencing some concerns as well and rather than spend the money and effort to try and fix them, they decided it is better to just shut it down completely.

You still have some time to save some of your information on there. If you log on to your profile, Google will walk you through the steps to do so.

But you only have until April 2 before they shut it down and delete all your information completely, so you gotta act fast!

Here is the official announcement that Google released at the beginning of the year.

3 Likes

Moore Income posted:

There was a rumor of this for some time but it was a while back that they actually announced to the public that they were shutting down.

Google was just never able to get the site where it needed to be and their user base was almost non-existent over the past few years.

Then with all the recent buzz about privacy issues with social media networks, Google had to admit that they were experiencing some concerns as well and rather than spend the money and effort to try and fix them, they decided it is better to just shut it down completely.

You still have some time to save some of your information on there. If you log on to your profile, Google will walk you through the steps to do so.

But you only have until April 2 before they shut it down and delete all your information completely, so you gotta act fast!

Here is the official announcement that Google released at the beginning of the year.

Thanks for sharing @moore.income. I was kind of hoping it wasn’t true. Did quite a bit of work with Google+ Communities and Collections. Much like Facebook Pages and Groups. Luckily the content is mostly blog posts and videos I shared.

1 Like