RE: Working from Home

Hi,

I’ve been getting these emails about available jobs via the Penny Hoarder newsletter. I read the job description, then fill out an application.

My question: Is anyone else experiencing a “no response” from the companies? Also, how does one follow up with these companies to show that there is interest and not just filling out any application that comes down the pike?

Thank you,

Diane

1 Like

No response is typical of any company, not just those that have online jobs. When I was out of work, I send about 20-30 resumes per week and heard back from approximately 5% of them. I got interviews with about 1% of them. Etiquette says you can reach out to them regarding your application if you haven’t heard back from after about a week.

Good Luck.

2 Likes

Thanks, Jeremy. I’ve followed up with the ones I could and still get no response. Hopefully, I will be sucessful with a company that has me doing a second step to employment: a typing test and an internet test.

It’s possible the companies are closed due to the pandemic. It’s now mid-summer. Have you tried contacting them again?

Yes, I’ve contacted them multiple times and still no response.