How to find a checking account that displays scheduled transaction on account activinty view?

My old bank (Everbank) had a feature that displayed my scheduled transaction and their expected impact upon my projected balance in the “account activity” view. They were purchased by a pension fund and no longer offer that excellent interface. It allowed me to see the upcoming 30 days and decide if any payment should be adjusted depending upon when my next paycheck or deposit was scheduled. It was a great tool for keeping track of e-bills and when to pay them

Can anyone share how to find banks that offer that service?

The web-page that shows the scheduled transactions, with the account activity, was:

Invalid Request

I found it to be an efficient way to plan bill and other payments.

Thanks

Steve

2 Likes

Hi Steve – you might want to try a service like Empower which is an online bank + a money management app.

Same here. I’ve been searching all over trying to find a bank that displays the scheduled transaction in the account activity with a running total of the balance. You’re right, it makes seeing where you are for the month a snap. So far, all the banks that I have seen are like TIAA where you have to go to a completely separate page, total up the upcoming payments, then go back to the account page and figure out how much you have to either transfer or have coming in direct deposits. Let us know if you find a bank that does this, and I’ll do the same if I find one.

I agree with Theodora above that it will probably be another online bank such as Everbank was. Without a doubt, Everbank had the most comprehensive and practical user interface that I’ve ever had with a bank. Really miss them.

Nita8 posted:

Same here. I’ve been searching all over trying to find a bank that displays the scheduled transaction in the account activity with a running total of the balance. You’re right, it makes seeing where you are for the month a snap. So far, all the banks that I have seen are like TIAA where you have to go to a completely separate page, total up the upcoming payments, then go back to the account page and figure out how much you have to either transfer or have coming in direct deposits. Let us know if you find a bank that does this, and I’ll do the same if I find one.

I agree with Theodora above that it will probably be another online bank such as Everbank was. Without a doubt, Everbank had the most comprehensive and practical user interface that I’ve ever had with a bank. Really miss them.

Thanks Nita,

I found Seacoast National Bank. They do have the “Show scheduled transactions” feature, but they have limitations on external transfers that i am not used to.

It is better than the TIAA, but still not as powerful as Everbank had been.

I wish i could figure out what the banking industy calls the features we are talking about.

1 Like

Theodora posted:

Hi Steve – you might want to try a service like Empower which is an online bank + a money management app.

Thanks Theodora

Do you recommend the Empower Retirement plan, or the Empower Federal Credit Union?

Steve - seeking straightforward checking posted:

Nita8 posted:

Thanks Nita,

I found Seacoast National Bank. They do have the “Show scheduled transactions” feature, but they have limitations on external transfers that i am not used to.

It is better than the TIAA, but still not as powerful as Everbank had been.

I wish i could figure out what the banking industy calls the features we are talking about.

Thanks for the info, Steve. I may check them out anyway. Do they limit the number of external transfers, or is there some other requirement?

They probably don’t have a description of the feature because most of the major and regional banks don’t do it. The ones that I’ve talked to seem fairly perplexed at my description. You can mark Ally Bank off your list. They are one of the larger online banks, so I thought perhaps they might be similar to Everbank’s interface, but no.

I think there are probably a lot of people like us missing Everbank’s “show scheduled transactions” link, but like us they don’t know what to call it. Wonder who the original creator of Everbank was and if he’s involved in anything new?

I’ve also been seeking an account that shows known future transactions. I can tell you USAA does this, but I haven’t found any others yet.

caine256 posted:

I’ve also been seeking an account that shows known future transactions. I can tell you USAA does this, but I haven’t found any others yet.

Caine256, that is good information to add to this thread, especially since it serves the whole US. I have been able to find several banks around the country that use the old Everbank platform with future transactions. None of these are nationwide online banks, so you have to live in the state in which you bank. Here’s a breakdown of what I have found.

(Not in alphabetical order)

VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA, MARYLAND, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA & DC: United Bank (www.bankwithunited.com). I live in Virginia and have switched all my accounts to United and am very happy with them. It has the exact same platform as the old Everbank, and they have no fee checking accounts. It’s wonderful to be back on this platform, makes it so, so easy again.

MISSOURI: Landmark Bank; however, you must have one of their consumer credit cards to have fees waived (or a $2,500 average daily balance, but I would much rather have a credit card :wink:

IOWA: Midwest Heritage Bank

OREGON: Umpqua Bank

CALIFORNIA: El Dorado Savings Bank.

CONNECTICUT: Union Savings Bank

CALIFORNIA, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW YORK, TEXAS, WASHINGTON, ILLINOIS, NEW JERSEY, NEVADA, MARYLAND, AND HONG KONG. Based in California, it was originated to cater to Sino-Americans with the ability to request transactions in Chinese. However, the bank appears to have grown from their original mission and now is in several states serving the public at large.

I did a lot of extensive research, so I’m sharing it above in the hopes that it will help other people who feel abandoned by the abysmal TIAA billpay and account structure. TIAA platform is so outdated and clunky. They bought Everbank presumably because it had been so successful, so why switch happy Everbank customers to the broken-down TIAA system. Makes no sense to me. They’ve lost most of all those customers. What a waste, and what a pain in the a** to get all three of my direct deposits switched over.

I tried Seacoast for the last few years, and it ws decent for a while (It had limitatons on amounts of my money that could be transferred out), but they changed to a “Exciting” new interface in Jan 2022. It excited my blood pressure alright. I moved back to TIAA, since it still had the “show impacts of the scheduled transactions on the account activity page.” That part still works, but the bill payment and transfers pages are not “user friendly”.

I am back to looking for a full service bank with the “Invalid Request

Can anyone share advice on how best to search for the interface we knew and loved?

Thanks