Interesting read on getting your budget and money straight

Just wanted to share a digital book I got access to through my local library. All Your Worth by Elizabeth Warren & Amelia Warren Tyagi. It is about 15 years old, but has some relevant information to today’s economy.

They talk about a balance of needs (things you must pay for like housing), wants and saving. They discuss debt, emergencies, retirement, etc.

It got me thinking about my costs and how to better align them. It’s applicable to all ages. And getting the audio version was nice to listen to while I went about my day.

3 Likes

@polarmoney posted:

Just wanted to share a digital book I got access to through my local library. All Your Worth by Elizabeth Warren & Amelia Warren Tyagi. It is about 15 years old, but has some relevant information to today’s economy.

Thanks so much for the recommendation!

thank you for sharing

Great recommendation! Thanks for sharing!

I remember seeing Elizabeth Warren and her daughter on a PBS special discussing this book when it came out. They were also on Oprah, and Elizabeth has this very down-to-earth and clear way of explaining things like the 50-30-20 thing. She was a money champion long before she became a Senator.

Thanks for your input @polarmoney! Much appreciated