Make Money Asking Questions On Quora

Did you know that you can make money on Quora?

I had no idea until a while back when I got invited to the Quora Partner Program which pays you to ask questions by sharing the ad revenue generated from those questions.

If you don’t know what Quora is, it is basically a social media site where people ask questions and other people answer them.

The Partner Program is by invite only and nobody really knows what makes Quora choose to invite you but if you have an account already, you may want to log on and check to see if you have already been invited. That is how I got started even though I didn’t use Quora much at the time, they still invited me.

I can say from my own personal experience, it is not going to make you rich, but it is an easy way to earn some extra money.

So far I have asked 225 questions and made a total of $57.11 over the period of about 7 months. (not really asking questions consistently)

Like I said, it is not a lot, but for just asking questions, I really can’t complain!

Questions earn money for an entire year so if you ask a good question it has the potential to earn you quite a bit.

They also recently started paying when you request someone answer a question and they write an answer.

Does anyone else here in the community contribute to the Quora Partner Program?

If anyone starts I would be interested to here your thoughts and would be happy to share more earnings stats with anyone interested.

3 Likes

MOORE INCOME i do get Quora but not sure if i’m a member
i’ll have to check

3 Likes

@moore.income I think I am a member, but rarely go there. I did not know I could make money from it because I have not asked any questions. Recently, I heard something about making money there. Do they put the money in your PayPal?

2 Likes

I’d never heard of Quora before, but I just signed up. Thanks for this post.

4 Likes

@mskimberly If you have already been added to the Partner Program, they should have sent you a message letting you know.

If not, I think you have to apply now at https://www.quora.com/partners They pay to Stripe so you have to set up an account with them and then Stripe sends the money to a debit card you put on file.

I cashed out and got paid the first time near the beginning of this month.

@kimk You’re welcome. Glad I could be of help!

4 Likes

@moore.income Do I need to give them debit card info when I sign up or can I do it before I cash out? I ask because I don’t have a debit card right now. Thanks!

2 Likes

@mskimberly you don’t even have to have a Stripe account when you first start earning, only once you decide to cash out.

I believe their is a minimum amount before you can cash out but you don’t have to cash out until you want to.

I waited a while to cash out and only set up my Stripe account when I cashed out. I am not sure if you have to send it to a debit card or if you might be able to connect a bank account as well.

2 Likes

@moore.income That sounds good. I am going to put this on my list of ways to make extra money. Thank you for your help.

4 Likes

How long were you joined to them before you became a partner? @moore.income

1 Like

@bjlee I don’t exactly remember. I had an account which I never used. One day I just decided to sign in and I had a notification saying I had been invited to join the program.

Nobody really knows how they choose who they allow but now I believe they are allowing people to apply to be accepted into the program.

2 Likes

I have researched about their Partner program. It turns out they are selected users randomly for this program. You can’t apply for it on your own. I have a decent followership on Quora but I never got the invite. Seems like it’s totally random.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information, that sounds good, I will try it.

3 Likes

I have been signed up for Quora for sometime now, but I don’t think Ive gotten an invite. Now I know why I see such random and weird questions sometimes. lol

3 Likes

Denise Hilton posted:

I have researched about their Partner program. It turns out they are selected users randomly for this program. You can’t apply for it on your own. I have a decent followership on Quora but I never got the invite. Seems like it’s totally random.

@user_510364695092629658 You are correct. The program has chosen people randomly. However, recently I just noticed an “invite friends” button.

Here is what it says:

Invite Friends

Invite people you know on Quora to the Partner Program by copying the link below and sharing it with them:

https://www.quora.com/partners

Applicants have to be logged in to Quora, so make sure that people you invite have an account set up. We have a limited number of spots for new partners, and we’re reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. Applicants who have asked useful questions on Quora before are more likely to be accepted.

So it looks like they are now accepting some form of an application but not sure how it works exactly as I just got one of their random invites.

1 Like

@dija93 Hope it works out for you!

@tinas See my reply above, I think you now have to apply for the program.

But you are right, that is why there are so many questions. It is interesting to see some of the questions and how much money the people who asked them actually make asking them LOL

1 Like

I am going to look into making money on Quora.

I’ve only been in the partner program for a few months, asked a couple hundred questions at first and I make over a dollar a day. I hardly go on the app or site anymore but the questions keep paying I’ve made around 150 bucks so far. Now you can even make money requesting answers to questions other people have asked. It’s Screenshot_20190515-051132_Quorareally easy and kinda fun.

@ceez.er Not bad earnings for a couple hundred questions. Fairly passive income for sure! Since the questions earn for 1 year, did you spread out the questions you asked or did you ask them all at once?

2 Likes

Also I’d like to add that I believe the best way to get invited is to stay active and answer long informative answers. I got invited right after an answer I wrote got lots of upvotes.

2 Likes

You know what? I actually asked them all within a couple of weeks and then maybe a couple here and there but I really didn’t go on very much after the initial wave of questions. I kinda forgot about quora thinking my questions wouldn’t do very well. Then I checked one day and saw the change adding up. Then I looked every few days noticing that each time I looked I had earned at least a buck in the last 24 hours. The questions that did the best were the ones people have passions or strong opinions about such as Trump questions or religion. Those did the best by far. Also I shared the links on social media because you make more from external traffic…I hope this helps anyone interested in the program. This article did a great informative yet to the point job on breaking it down by the way!

4 Likes