Philo TV

I wanted to tell everyone you get a free trial with just your cell phone number. It is cheaper than Sling and I loved it.

2 Likes

What exactly does Philo TV offer and how much do they charge after the free trial?

What about them other than the price do you like?

@moore.income I’d never heard of this before. It looks like they have a few basic package options - starting as low as $16/month for 44 channels. I found the link if you’re interested in learning more:

https://try.philo.com/

1 Like

So it’s kind of like cable but cheaper? Or more like Hulu/Netflix but live?

1 Like

We used it to get Doctor Who and Walking Dead. This is one of the streaming services we will join for a few months then turn off and rotate other options depending on what’s airing (like HBO for Game of Thrones or Starz for Outlander). I pay for Netflix and rarely cut that one. My son pays forH Hulu at the college student rate which included Spotify and Showtime. I liked Philio better (and it’s cheaper) than Sling TV.

1 Like

I tried this one out as well. Not a bad option for $16/month! The selection on Hulu TV live is larger, but you get what you pay for.

Has anyone tried Pluto TV? Looks like it’s completely free and makes their money off of advertising. Might try it out…

2 Likes

Clark Howard’s advice is it’s worth trying. I trust his advice. Think I’ll try it. Cable just keeps going up.

1 Like