purchasing new home

I am would like to buy a home in the near future it has just set in on me the importance and value of good credit and credit scores and good spending habits with very hard earned money any good suggestions are welcomed

If your credit is bad, your biggest priority should be to get that up when it comes to buying a home. Most banks will be very cautious of who they lend to and bad credit is not a good sign to them.

If you have good credit, when going to purchase a home, there may be pressure to purchase a home that is more than what you actually need.

It is a good financial fitness practice to always live below your means.

Banks are in the business of making money, so if they think they can get more money from you in interest by lending you extra money, then they will try to convince you to take a bigger loan.

Good credit is good, but it can become a stumbling block when it is used to go in debt for things that you cannot afford.

1 Like

I would like to purchase income property before I retire in 2 years. I am 69 with an excellent credit score. I plan on using the rental income for my retirement. How do I chose a mortgage lender that can give me advice on how I can accomplish this