Retired at 32

I was medically retired from my job due to a chronic medical condition two year ago. I was fortunate enough to have planned for this possibility by choosing an organization/entity that had phenomenal disability retirement benefits. I love not having the obligation of working anymore, but I must admit that it can get difficult because everyone else is working & thriving in their careers. Are there any other retirees in their 30’s, or am I one amongst none??‍♀️?

What have you implemented to prepare for retirement (early or otherwise)?

Welcome @lala21! I do not have an experience as a retiree, early or otherwise, YET. I look forward to it very much. I am working for an organization that has an exceptional retirement package, and will remain here as long as possible for that (among other) reasons. I hope that you can find a network regionally- are you in a metro area?

2 Likes

I also have not retired, but my husband passed away unexpectedly about 6 yrs ago at 52. I get his pension thru where he worked, for the rest of my life and also our medical/dental benefits we had 25 yrs at what would have been his retirement rate. At 62 i am going to either retire or semi retire and start collecting my own SS and let his sit until i am 67 so i can collect 100% of my survivor SS benefits. It’s a little higher than regular SS. I also have his life ins he left and his 401k invested as well thru a financial advisor

5 Likes

We are self-employed so our company funds our retirement 100%. I also work 100% from home, so that is so very helpful since I have a chronic illness. Our plan is to keep our business going so that it can save for our retirement, provide us with an income in addition to SS, and collect our SS benefits at full retirement age. It should be enough for a nice modest lifestyle, which we have already implemented now.

3 Likes

Any suggestions for work at home jobs…

LeighofMar posted:

We are self-employed so our company funds our retirement 100%. I also work 100% from home, so that is so very helpful since I have a chronic illness. Our plan is to keep our business going so that it can save for our retirement, provide us with an income in addition to SS, and collect our SS benefits at full retirement age. It should be enough for a nice modest lifestyle, which we have already implemented now.

It sounds Great! To be able to work from home… WOW!..I’m 60 and just suffered knee Problems do to a recent car accident…im on sick leave from work temporally but would love to know of any at home jobs that i could do . and hopefully i can just work from home. Any suggestions??? Thanks

@tina.flemmons a great start in your search for Work from Home jobs would be at The Penny Hoarder’s portal specifically for that.

They post all sorts of jobs for people with varying experience.

I also found this article on The Penny Hoarder where they share 14 other websites you can find work from home jobs.

Hope this helps!