Pls help

can I pls have some suggestions on how to make money from home online . I’m on disability and I barely survive with the amount I’m payed each month. I’m desperate for help and will be forever grateful for any advice or suggestions

1 Like

Hi @crissy.fultz! Have you checked out our work-from-home portal yet? It serves as a great resource for finding job opportunities. Our site also has a ton of really helpful information too!

You can check out the portal here: https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/wfh/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hello: Why don’t your try selling your unused/unwanted items on ebay or Craigslist?

1 Like

On SSDI Disability folks are allowed to work on a very part-time basis. You would have to call SSD and find out what your personal financial limit would be. You don’t want to lose your disability because of a little part time work.

My best friend once found herself in a very similar situation. So, I am just going to put this out there and what you do is up to you. She worked part-time as a “telephone actress”. I’m pretty sure you know what that means. There seems to be quite a bit of information out there on the www about it. She felt it was an acceptable option to being a web cam model as that was just way too much exposure. She remained anonymous on the phone calls. She said she got really good at keeping callers on the line. (it became a game to her she said). She was an independent contractor and set her own schedule.

I understand your situation and if you decide to do it you may want to keep that private. People can be so judgemental.

Anyway, best of luck to you.

2 Likes

You may find this to be an excellent resource:

https://www.theworkathomewoman.com/work-at-home-jobs/

I personally find this site very inspiring. However, check the rules and limits of your disability benefits…you don’t want to jump into the fire from the frying pan, so to speak. I can say, there are folks that have come from similar circumstances (on permanent disability) who have not only survived, but THRIVED working from home, better than they did before they were injured.

I’m hoping to be one of them, too!

Best of luck, and healing thoughts to you.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation. I sometimes transcribe things for Rev.com. Training is paid and you get paid every Monday. I also write for CopyPress, but they can take a while to pay. If you like to write, I recommend Constant Content–you set your own rate on whatever you feel like writing about, and there are some gigs available. Check out Ticket to Work. And learn what your limit is before you start working–I had my benefits cut after I got a part-time job paying $8.50 an hour.

1 Like

If you stuck at home, writing can be a great way as mentioned above. There are lots of different types of writing jobs. Another free writing resource for finding writing jobs is Freedom With Writing

If you have access to a vehicle or can get around town, I have been trying out Mystery Shopping recently and have found, not only is it a great way to earn a little extra money but also a great way to get free food when doing restaurant shops!

1 Like

Crissy Fultz posted:

can I pls have some suggestions on how to make money from home online . I’m on disability and I barely survive with the amount I’m payed each month. I’m desperate for help and will be forever grateful for any advice or suggestions

Hey @crissy.fultz, I just wrote an article about working while on disability. Everyone’s situation is unique, but what I would recommend is reaching out to an employment network and talking to certified SSA counselors to work on a plan.

There are different work rules depending if you’re on SSI or SSDI, but the Ticket to Work program applies to both types of benefits. Under that program, you can work without losing your benefits.

For the article, I also spoke with an employment network called My Employment Options, which is a partner with the SSA. They specialize in finding work-from-home jobs for people receiving disability benefits.

And as Briana mentioned, The Penny Hoarder has our very own Work-From-Home Jobs Portal as well!

Good luck, Crissy!