try this

Buy what you need not what you want. Once a month treat yourself. 99ct store works great.

Secondly…learn to say NO. Borrow me 20…NO. Can i borrow your car…NO. Can you help me with this…NO. Can i borrow your lawn mower…NO etc.

Try it for a month. You will see how much easier your life becomes. It’s not that hard. If people get upset with your new life style it doesn’t say much about them.

1 Like

I think I can be good with the “buy what you need, now what you want”. It’s tough for me to say “no” unless it’s to the people always asking but never grateful.

1 Like

It can be done! When I purged my clothes closet I decided there’s not a thing I need! I’m seriously going to try and get through the year without buying any clothes.

2 Likes

The NO factor will reduce your stress 1,000 %. Common sense is the rule.

Go to the greatest bank in the world for guidance that would be the one on your shoulders…Mr Wayne

1 Like

Don’t love money - love people. When you have enough clothes to look clean, pleasant, and appropriate [even when you need to do laundry], its time to stop buying clothes. Practice: Gratitude. A thankful heart. Contentment. These things are in the Bible, but not practiced by many. Go back to #1: Don’t love money - love people. There are massive amounts of people who need our help. Instead of treating yourself, treat them. Instead of going out for a fancy meal, set the table nice, put a meal in the crockpot, and then find someone in need and spend the “fancy restaurant” money on groceries for them, instead. Instead of a new outfit for yourself - find someone who needs a new pair of shoes, or a sweater, or a new outfit. Take them shopping, and have fun together. Or, instead of spoiling your children with too many toys, too many “I wants” - send in some new things to the Foster Care program near you for the children who are waiting a home. Giving is so much more blessed than getting!

1 Like

@jenny.waldensi Love this, Jenny. I truly think this may be the secret of life!

1 Like