Why Penny Hoarder is the Place to Be

Why Penny Hoarder is the Place to Be

Apart from being one of the most engaging audiences I have had the pleasure to come across. There are several great reasons to be part of the Penny Hoarder, and especially the Penny Hoarder Community. Because with the community they even offer a reward ($25 gift card to a place of your choice) for being member of the month. Now which other community does that? None that I know of.

From an exposure point of view and building recognition it is the perfect place to be. Because it is also the site with the most top tier visitors currently online. But a site that is this professional, will not tolerate junk and spam. It is not the place to share your affiliate links or copy/paste content. I have had no complains however sharing relevant content links. Like blog posts (content you personally own) and professionally published articles (adding value to the topic).

The Penny Hoarder just has a way to get people talking about all things financial. From saving money to making a little (or a lot) money on the side. It is also the number one fastest growing private media company in the US for the second consecutive year. And also one of the largest email lists currently online.

According to a site called Similar Web, a tool I use to check traffic to blogs and websites for commenting purpose. Just a blog traffic tactic I use to increase visitor flow.

Current Global Rank Worldwide: 14,472

Current Country Rank (US): 2,729

Category Rank (Finance): 606

Total Average Visitors: 12.5 Million

US Visitors: 90.79%

Canada Visitors: 1.89%

UK Visitors: 1.03%

That is a combined total of 93.71% visitors from the most 3 top tier countries in the world. And 93.71% of 12.5 Million visitors is 11.71 Million visitors. 14.95% of these visitors are Direct, while 30.79% are from search results. And 50.9% social while 2.27% are from email.

That on its own is outstandingly impressive from a marketing point of view. Because very few financial sites can display similar analytics. Especially when “making money” is such a competitive niche.

The Penny Hoarder also have around 6.9 Million Facebook fans and 1.2 Million email subscribers. And any list builder will tell you that an email list that large will not be possible without compelling and useful content.

5 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

FreebiePharm posted:

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Only a pleasure. Just thought people should know just how huge the Penny Hoarder has grown since 2010. That kind of growth in as little as 8 years is pretty impressive.

1 Like

I love The Penny Hoarder forum because it is a great place to share value and knowledge that I have learned with others and to get more knowledge from others as well.

I really like the fact that posting links such as affiliate links and other self promotional links is discouraged. I have been a part of far too many groups where all you ever see is a bunch of crazy links and people only interested in what they can get out of it.

It is a good idea for everyone to read the guidelines for the rules for posting on this forum.

I agree that links are good when they point to a valuable resource but for the most part, besides this, all links are highly discouraged (unless interlinking to other content on the forum).

It also states that links to your blog are also discouraged. I think this is wise because it encourages people to post valuable content here on the forum and to actually engage with people here on the forum. Which is exactly what the point of having a forum is.

If done correctly, when you provide people with value, those who are truly interested in what you have to say will be able to easily find your blog by searching you on Google (as long as you are doing your SEO correctly)

Also, the signature box at the end of a post is a great place to link your blog as a resource, as long as it is not done in a promotional way.

People who follow the guidelines and engage with others on the forum will be the ones who get the most out of it. And yes I agree that there are many great reasons that make this the place to be!

2 Likes

Moore Income posted:

I love The Penny Hoarder forum because it is a great place to share value and knowledge that I have learned with others and to get more knowledge from others as well.

I really like the fact that posting links such as affiliate links and other self promotional links is discouraged. I have been a part of far too many groups where all you ever see is a bunch of crazy links and people only interested in what they can get out of it.

It is a good idea for everyone to read the guidelines for the rules for posting on this forum.

I agree that links are good when they point to a valuable resource but for the most part, besides this, all links are highly discouraged (unless interlinking to other content on the forum).

It also states that links to your blog are also discouraged. I think this is wise because it encourages people to post valuable content here on the forum and to actually engage with people here on the forum. Which is exactly what the point of having a forum is.

If done correctly, when you provide people with value, those who are truly interested in what you have to say will be able to easily find your blog by searching you on Google (as long as you are doing your SEO correctly)

Also, the signature box at the end of a post is a great place to link your blog as a resource, as long as it is not done in a promotional way.

People who follow the guidelines and engage with others on the forum will be the ones who get the most out of it. And yes I agree that there are many great reasons that make this the place to be!

So right you are, couldn’t agree more. The signature is indeed a valuable addition to one’s content. Like how you mention the option to search Google. A simple tactic I use to check if someone is as professional as they claim is to enter their full name into Google. Sometimes the person in profiles does not correspond to Google results at all. And a clear indication of just another copy/paste marketer or “expert”.

2 Likes

@deon.christie agreed. Although I am not against people who are “new” to the space. It does take time to get credibility even in Google but if you are going to brand yourself as an “expert” than this should be one of your top priorities in my opinion.

2 Likes

Moore Income posted:

So right you are indeed. Extremely annoying how random affiliate links are flooding the internet in general these days right? Google is a great way to authenticate people, a little tactic I use before spending money. Entering a person’s full name into Google. And in many cases the person portrayed in profiles have no relation to the info displayed on Google. A clear indication of just another copy/paste marketer having no idea what they’re talking about.

1 Like

Moore Income posted:

@deon.christie agreed. Although I am not against people who are “new” to the space. It does take time to get credibility even in Google but if you are going to brand yourself as an “expert” than this should be one of your top priorities in my opinion.

It most certainly is @moore.income. Nothing generates reward like recognition and knowledge. And rewards come in many other different forms, it’s not always just about the money. Earning someone’s appreciation for value offered is priceless.

1 Like