Affordable gift ideas for kids and Cyber Monday deals

I bet most of us want to give great gifts, especially for the children in our lives. But when your niece asks you for that hard-to-find toy that costs over $100, well, it’s time to find something else she’ll like.

For those in the same boat as me, I found this Penny Hoarder article on toys under $25 especially useful for gift ideas for my son (2 years old) and nieces (4 and 6).

Plus, with some great Cyber Monday deals to be had, there are quite a few items my personal wishlist that are on sale, so maybe it’s due time to treat myself as well. :wink:

What’s your approach to gift-giving, especially for kids? Do you find the best deals during the post-Thanksgiving sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

2 Likes

My kids are teenagers now, but I find the best way to buy gifts for them is to do it about the time school starts. There are good sales then, and I’m not scrambling around this time of year. Right about now I am buying small things and stocking stuffers.

2 Likes

Good advice @kellyfromkeene – I’ll be on the look out for some discounts for my son next summer! And I’ll be for sure scrambling if I don’t get the bulk of my shopping done this week…

1 Like

thanks for the heads up that a good idea

2 Likes

This was super helpful! I can’t believe how expensive toys can be nowadays, especially when young kids get sick of them so fast ha ugh

2 Likes

this was so helpful thank you

2 Likes

Glad to hear it, @irishnanny! I thought the article was very helpful as well!

Fortunately, my 9-year-old niece likes to read and is quite happy with a Barnes & Noble gift card. Now that I don’t mind spending $100 on; for a toy, nope. Last year, I also gave her a Target card so she could buy some dolls and paraphernalia for them.

2 Likes

its always nice to see the children reading and not on a computer playing games

2 Likes