Budgeting and saving money.

I’m starting my own cleaning business…well taking it over all on my own. I want to budget my income…and start saving …even if it’s small at first. I need financial literacy. I’ve signed up for a quick books class… Unfortunately it don’t start till the fall. I’m extremely busy ATM. But any quick info…ideas…tricks, if u will…would be greatly appreciated and put to the test. I need a spreadsheet or something to organize my income and bills to pay…etc. help…if u can???

1 Like

Try googling Quick book guides, there are tons of resources online.

1 Like

I cant attach any of the cool spreadsheet budgeting tools that I use and recommend to my clients. BUT there are so many! As BJLEE said, try a Google search. I think you will find some great ones. If you go to the Penny Hoarder Website, not this group, you can search for some budgets as well.

2 Likes

KellyFromKeene posted:

I cant attach any of the cool spreadsheet budgeting tools that I use and recommend to my clients. BUT there are so many! As BJLEE said, try a Google search. I think you will find some great ones. If you go to the Penny Hoarder Website, not this group, you can search for some budgets as well.

Can you share the names or links to any websites? That might be helpful!

2 Likes

https://www.mint.com/budgeting…ur-spending-by-month

Mint has some great starter ones. I’m not sure from the post if TLAWONN is looking for a business spreadsheet or personal, but it’s out there and free.

Or start your own Excel sheet. When I was learning Excel, I looked up videos on YouTube. I still do a search there when I need help.

2 Likes

Sounds like a fun little venture. I wish you the best as you get started!

I always like to check Udemy for training on different topics. I searched for Quickbooks and found these 3 FREE training courses and they have quite a few that are paid.

You can also get training on a bunch of other topics related to business.

If you search on the site and then click on “All Filters” you can select to see only FREE courses on the topic you are interested in.

For their paid courses, usually you can get them at a really good price, I just recommend to never pay full price because they are constantly running sales on all their courses.

YouTube can also be very helpful with free knowledge on topics like Quickbooks, etc.

2 Likes

Also once you look at some of the others, you could probably created your own that’s catered just for you

2 Likes