Chime Online Banking use

Anyone here use Chime? How is the service? Any issues. Did you open this online account and close a physical bank account? or do you keep both. I find myself a bit nervous using an online bank.

1 Like

I do not use that, but I know many people who do, and they all have good things to say about it. Most do not have an account at a physical bank (which sounds crazy to me!) but a few keep on. It’s my understanding that the only downside is that it can take a few days to access the money. (I love my small local bank and plan to keep it.)

1 Like

I know what you mean about keeping a local Bank/Credit Union. I like the idea about getting money fast when needed.

1 Like

My main account is at a small local bank, but in another city. So basically it’s just like using an online-only bank. :sweat_smile:

Honestly, something like Chime might be a good fit for me!

kellyfromkeene i also love my bank so i will stay that way

I’m still leary of banking online. I tried depositing checks with my phone with my local bank and it was so easy, but then I got nervous (can’t even remember the reason) It’s not that important now that I’m retired because most retirement income is direct deposit or transfer.

1 Like

I suppose people don’t even have to deal with checks all that often. Still, I’ve been using my phone to deposit checks for years and never had a problem! Love the convenience.

I have had a Chime account for 4 years and absolutely love it. You can deposit cash at Walgreens and it is instant. They also have a mobile check deposit option that is fantastic. No overdraft fees was a selling point for me and I have never had an overdraft to test that out.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @rosie.vu! Looking forward to reading more of your contributions. :slight_smile:

Glad you are enjoying Chime. Do you find anything frustrating about it? I’m seriously considering opening an account, as my bank sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, especially with online services (i.e. clunky app and so-so customer service).

Hi mintijulep I agree with you

1 Like

I use a Credit Union . I like what they have to offer except the savings account. I have deposited checks and do most of my banking online. I do like having a branch office that I can go to if the need arouse. That is why I am leary also to jump to a totally online bank. I was looking into Ally Savings which is giving a great interest rate right now.

2 Likes

My concern with online banking is hacking. Day to day aggravations like app hiccups or banking irritations in general don’t bother me. I don’t want to wake up one morning and find that my money is gone out of my account! I do everything I can to protect my computer, phone and privacy but the sophistication of the hackers is reallly difficult to ignore.

1 Like

hi mintjulep i do my online banking but i check everyday its scary but its how i keep track of my withdraws from my account. i have them take my car payment out so i don’t have miss sending it in

1 Like

irishnanny, can you also set daily alerts on your online banking? I really like that feature through my brick and motar bank.

i have to ask my daughter she’s the smart one always sets my phone and computer up for me lol thank you for posting this i will have my daughter do it for me