Chime Bank/Bancorp

Has anyone had a really bad unauthorized transaction issue with Chime? If so was it ever resolved or did they just screw you out of your money?

I had my debit card stolen while incarcerated had no control nor idea and I lost $9700.00. Chime’s denial to reimbursewreimburse me was based on: I didn’t cancel my card, I didn’t stop the direct deposit, the card used was valid, the transactions were within the vacinity of my home (45 miles away from Dallas TX) and the pin number was used at the ATM machine.

Arbitration would cost every penny of that money and I can’t get $10k in small claims court. Anybody have a grand idea? I’ve already done SS fraud, FDIC, consumer protection and the attorney general. I need a move… that money missing has virtually broke me and I am now homeless, without a vehicle and fighting breast cancer.

Thanks for any and all insights.

Even if you could sue them, I doubt you’d win. Their checks and balances seem pretty spot on. Sounds like someone you know might have done this and if you know who that person is, you are more likely to win if you sued them.

Sorry that this happened to you.

Thanks Jeremy,

For sure it’s someone I know however I can’t even get the authorities in 2 counties to care to arrest her. More so than that if I know then why not give me my money and Bancorp go after her for theft of federal funds? After all she’ll be on the ATM camera footage. Bancorp only knows what chime told them and my claim was denied within 8 hrs of reporting it. I hadn’t even received the paperwork for the dispute yet the transactions are unauthorized period…bar the door Katie. I was in jail for God’s sake I could not have possibly spent that money ( which is exactly what their alluding to) nor could I have possibly known what was going on. But just an insight I can sue in small claims and Hey and I’m not trying to deny your thoughts your not the first won’t be the last but this money is my retirement backpay and 3 months of payments…I worked my a## off for that money and I want it in my pocket if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your thoughts I know they are well meant

Except how do they know you didn’t just give her the pin number, say “spend what you want because I will claim fraud and get it back?” Sorry, but them knowing the pin number is a BIG strike against you.

As for them stealing federal funds? No, they stole YOUR funds. Once they hit YOUR bank account they were no longer federal funds. I’m not sure what you were in jail for, but that most likely doesn’t help either.

2 Likes

Have to see the validity of Jeremy’M’s points. It makes sense Chime/Bancorp would not go after her, in their eyes the missing monies could have been taken out to support your life while you were gone. You set yourself up. If you decide to pursue her in small claims court, you will need more than a camera shot of someone withdrawing monies, remember it is your word against the other person’s who was “trying” to do you a favor. You are the one who is going to have to have evidence, direct evidence, that the transactions were not for your benefit. It was you being gracious that she took care of business while your life was on hold. You will need actual transactions of her activity while on your dime, retracing her footsteps.

How does the bank know you may not be trying to double dip? In their eyes you 2 may have been working together and trying to commit a fraud on the bank.

Best to you.

1 Like

@joyce.williams posted:

Thanks Jeremy,

For sure it’s someone I know however I can’t even get the authorities in 2 counties to care to arrest her. More so than that if I know then why not give me my money and Bancorp go after her for theft of federal funds? After all she’ll be on the ATM camera footage. Bancorp only knows what chime told them and my claim was denied within 8 hrs of reporting it. I hadn’t even received the paperwork for the dispute yet the transactions are unauthorized period…bar the door Katie. I was in jail for God’s sake I could not have possibly spent that money ( which is exactly what their alluding to) nor could I have possibly known what was going on. But just an insight I can sue in small claims and Hey and I’m not trying to deny your thoughts your not the first won’t be the last but this money is my retirement backpay and 3 months of payments…I worked my a## off for that money and I want it in my pocket if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your thoughts I know they are well meant

You have proof that it was not you as you have jail paperwork from the court. With Chime you have to keep appealing and refusing their answer. I have been in a dispute with them for 10 months. I keep NOT accepting their decision and they keep giving the money back to me then taking it back months later. I am still going back and forth with Chime on this one transaction.

I feel that Chime should defend their customers NOT the merchants. But if your name and info matches they go with the Merchant. I have done about 10 disputes and always ultimately one. Except this one with Budget rental keeps going back and forth. I just a few weeks ago FINALLY got a copy of the final bill with details. Budget would not provide it to Chime or to ME all this time. Because it has proof that they over charged me.

Definitely file a case against the person that did this to you. Don’t wait for the bank to do it. The court needs to request the ATM footage. No one will release it to you. File charges in all counties that the transactions took place.

You have PROOF that it could not be you because you were locked up and unable to complete the transactions. No is not the final word you have to keep pushing back and file police reports. File a small claims case, as well. Make this a PT job.

1 Like

Pay friends and family fee-free, no matter what bank account they use. They can cash out instantly and securely, no sign-up needed. slope game