Claiming your part of the Facebook class-action lawsuit

I’m sure most of you have heard about the class-action lawsuit that has Facebook cutting checks to millions of users.

The lawsuit involves questionable practices surrounding Facebook’s user data sharing. To file a claim for your piece of the $725 million settlement, you just need to live in the U.S. and have had an active Facebook account between May 24, 2007, and Dec. 22, 2022.

I submitted my claim yesterday and am just waiting to hear back how much they owe me. It’s probably just a few measly bucks, but I’ll report back here once I find out!

If you have/had a Facebook account and want to file your own claim, or you want more info on what the lawsuit is all about, check out The Penny Hoarder’s article below.

3 Likes

that was easy, thanks Will.

1 Like

Yes, I plan to submit a claim today. I filed an AMEX claim back in 2019 and just got notice last week that the payout is $166 and change. I don’t even remember what the claim was for, but I’ll take it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder to submit a claim for this Facebook class action lawsuit. I was never a big user of the site but did have an account, but stopped using it because of the insistence to make my account more publicly accessible ( right around the time when it became evident that there was censorship in play on the website).
I have done claims for other class action lawsuits and it worth the effort.

2 Likes

Well, cool. I have never participated in anything like this, so I’ll take whatever I get!

2 Likes

I submitted my claim to Facebook, too.

By the way, I’ve received payments from past settlements. It doesn’t matter how big or small - it’s money in my account!

2 Likes

I am still trying to decide if I should do this or not. I didn’t join FB until 2009 that still counts right?

1 Like

@shirley Yeah, you’re eligible. It’s worth a shot, in my opinion!

I need to check on the status of my claim. It’s been a couple week already!

1 Like

I received a Yahoo settlement (from 2019 class) PayPal deposit for $60.18 yesterday, 6/9/23. I was surprised; thought it would be much smaller.

Geez, @will . Give it a minute :grin:.

good morning i also did mine haven’t heard anything yet

1 Like

I haven’t heard yet either.

still haven’t heard anything has any one else ???

1 Like

nope, I haven’t heard yet!

good afternoon has anyone heard anything from face book settlement yet???

I have not heard nor seen anything yet!

It’s now January and still no reply wow :hushed::hushed: