Credit card debt

I am looking for a way to have a lower interest rate on my credit card and my credit company won’t lower it due to it being a starter credit card. Any suggestions?

1 Like

How is your credit? If you have decent credit you can always try opening a new card that allows for balance transfers. Many of them will have a promotional balance transfer period too saving you more on interest.

1 Like

I’m interested too but I’ve got poor credit and I’m hitting 50 this year, thanks to the x!

Last month, I just got a Discover iT transfer with 18 months free financing. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired of debt. I’ve got to end this whole mess in 18 months so I just have my mortgage.

Good luck, Stephanie.

2 Likes

To credit card save money

Talk to your credit card companies. Explain your financial situation and ask if there is anything they can do to help. Many will lower your interest rate for a period of time and/or waive current late fee balances to give you an opportunity to catch up.

Frannyb posted:

I am looking for a way to have a lower interest rate on my credit card and my credit company won’t lower it due to it being a starter credit card. Any suggestions?

Stick with credit cards issued by well known banks because you can work out a plan with your bank manager cause these other type of credit cards are a risk