Do drive-in movie theaters save you money?

I used to love going to the drive-in theater - not only for the cool atmosphere but also for the price tag! I’d always get tickets for so much cheaper.

Does anyone still have a drive-in near them? Is it still cheaper than regular movie theater tickets for you?

I have still never been to a drive in theater! I want to though. It looks like a lot of fun, and more comfortable than a regular theater.

1 Like

We have one here in Lubbock. I remember though, when I was growing up, we had 2 in the town we lived in. Oh man we had fun there. Good times.

2 Likes

My wife has been asking to go to one for quite some time now. We do not have one near us, closest one is like an hour away. I think the prices are pretty comparable for us though.

I think you might save money though as the ticket you purchase is for everyone in the vehicle.

1 Like

KellyFromKeene posted:

I have still never been to a drive in theater! I want to though. It looks like a lot of fun, and more comfortable than a regular theater.

I love them! Such a cool way to watch a movie. And you’re right, very comfy!

1 Like

friardave posted:

We have one here in Lubbock. I remember though, when I was growing up, we had 2 in the town we lived in. Oh man we had fun there. Good times.

I had one near me in the town I grew up in too!

Loved drive-in movies as a kid with homemade popcorn from the stove and koolaid to drink… 2 sisters and I turned the back of the station wagon into a bed with blankets and pillows.

1 Like

Shannon H posted:

Loved drive-in movies as a kid with homemade popcorn from the stove and koolaid to drink… 2 sisters and I turned the back of the station wagon into a bed with blankets and pillows.

My mom would do that for my brother and me too! And she’d always have tons of snacks @shannon.h

Briana posted:

I used to love going to the drive-in theater - not only for the cool atmosphere but also for the price tag! I’d always get tickets for so much cheaper.

Does anyone still have a drive-in near them? Is it still cheaper than regular movie theater tickets for you?

We have one in Wichita, KS. The tickets on regular nights are $7 a person. They offer 2 screens and 3 movies each. You can definitely get your money’s worth if you can stay awake for all of them. The have special nights every now and then. You pay $10 a carload. As a kid with 8 in the family, this was the only way we saw movies. My husband and I went to them a the time when we were dating.

1 Like

Whoa! $10 a carload is a great deal!