Financial Fitness February: Day 9

Things were pretty quite for me financially today.

My wife and I spent $6 eating lunch with our siblings at their college. Other than that we just had to fill up the tank with gas again which cost us $16.47.

The reason I had to fill it up again so soon is because I use quite a bit of gas doing deliveries. Even then, when you take off the cost of gas from how much I earned, it still ends up being a fairly profitable side gig.

I still made sure to use a gas coupon at Holiday. This time it was a coupon for $0.08 cents off per gallon. In total I saved $0.63 on my purchase.

Once again, it isn’t a huge savings, but I will gladly take it.

Besides going to church, my wife and I usually like to take it easy on Sundays.

So we don’t end up spending much unless we happen to go out to eat. Something we have been trying to cut back on lately.

Today however, my wife did end up doing some babysitting which allowed her to earn a little bit extra aside from her job today.

Quite days are good financially speaking.

Not too much spent and not a lot earned but just enjoying all the blessings of this life we live.

Today I will just keep this post short and sweet so gonna wrap it up right here.

No big WINS, just a great day!

How was your Sunday?

1 Like

You’re still going strong and that’s a win! I did a mystery shop today (rescheduled from Saturday) at a travel store for $30! I spent $3.63 at McDonald’s today, so because I’m limiting myself to only one eat-out, that’s it for the week. The rest of the week, I’m doing cooked food prepared today and my sandwiches and fruit cups for lunches.

2 Likes

Oh, and filled gas at Exxon yesterday but didn’t use my rewards. I like to save them until I get at least $5 off.

2 Likes

My wins were passive. I didn’t spend money today. My son bought my breakfast, then I came home and crafted handmade valentine cards. I bought no new supplies and used what I had available. Using up what we have is a bit of a buzz for me at the moment, and hoping it lasts…working well to save money and purge “stuff” at the same time.

Years ago, when using a printing company for marketing materials (before computers!) I developed a great relationship with the owner and he would either give me gratis or charge me just pennies for leftover cardstock from other orders. I’m not talking small amounts, so I have paper products that I will likely never use up.

2 Likes

Passive wins are good. You like crafting, I see. I’m using up some yarn I’ve had a few years for knitting cowls now. Also have some yarn for 2 basket kits I bought for Christmas…making those for a raffle for a friend. Trying to ignore all the knitting emails and sales for new things. For now, I just save them to my Knitting folder until my budget allows.

sthom posted:

Passive wins are good. You like crafting, I see. I’m using up some yarn I’ve had a few years for knitting cowls now. Also have some yarn for 2 basket kits I bought for Christmas…making those for a raffle for a friend. Trying to ignore all the knitting emails and sales for new things. For now, I just save them to my Knitting folder until my budget allows.

Adore creating! Started as soon as I could hold a crayon. I never had the opportunity to make a career of it, was never interested in teaching when younger so what does one do with a degree in art when you want it to be intuitive instead of directed…you change your major to something else! HaHa!

But in retirement…my spare and relaxing time is in my art room! I crochet more than knit and I’m am trying to work thru a closet-full of yarn too, sthom!

1 Like

Money aside, it sounds like a perfect day.

Have a great week!

1 Like

@sthom I did a mystery shop today and actually have one scheduled for next Sunday as well. So lunch is covered!

1 Like

@mintjulep Passive Wins. I like that!

@kellyfromkeene It was a wonderful day! Hope you have a great week as well!

1 Like

@moore.income Yesss, nothing like a free meal

1 Like

Moore Income posted:

Things were pretty quite for me financially today.

My wife and I spent $6 eating lunch with our siblings at their college. Other than that we just had to fill up the tank with gas again which cost us $16.47.

The reason I had to fill it up again so soon is because I use quite a bit of gas doing deliveries. Even then, when you take off the cost of gas from how much I earned, it still ends up being a fairly profitable side gig.

I still made sure to use a gas coupon at Holiday. This time it was a coupon for $0.08 cents off per gallon. In total I saved $0.63 on my purchase.

Once again, it isn’t a huge savings, but I will gladly take it.

Besides going to church, my wife and I usually like to take it easy on Sundays.

So we don’t end up spending much unless we happen to go out to eat. Something we have been trying to cut back on lately.

Today however, my wife did end up doing some babysitting which allowed her to earn a little bit extra aside from her job today.

Quite days are good financially speaking.

Not too much spent and not a lot earned but just enjoying all the blessings of this life we live.

Today I will just keep this post short and sweet so gonna wrap it up right here.

No big WINS, just a great day!

How was your Sunday?

I get a lot of cravings for pizza, and I wanted to order my favorite Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. Since that would cost so much money, I refrained and ate mixed vegetables. Great Value Rising Crust Four Cheese Pizza is $2.78. It is so good. I will be filling my freezer with pizza. I don’t know how Pizza Hut stays in business. It is so expensive. I want to know who is paying the the big prices. If you have it delivered, it is even more expensive. I don’t drive so I get those cravings if there is no pizza in my freezer.

Definitely a good financial choice to get the store bought pizza over pizza hut.

And yes, as a delivery driver, I know how expensive it can be to order food and have it delivered. I am always astounded when I get people ordering off the McDonald’s dollar menu and having it delivered. And then if they tip on top of that…That one dollar burger just ended up costing you $5!

I am not complaining, as it is a great way for me to earn a side income but just seems like a huge waste of money in my opinion.

You talking about pizza has really got me thinking about pizza, but I am doing the “Military Diet” right now to try and lose some pounds so no pizza for me, at least for a couple days.

1 Like

Oh, it’s called the Military Diet…I had just asked you about that…and see your answer here. OK…let me help you…You don’t want the pizza. It really is not a big deal…

1 Like

Haha @mskimberly I just answered this question on the other thread.

I was able to successfully finish the 3 day diet and I must say, I most definitely want some pizza laugh

2 Likes

LOL…I am sure you do…but trust me…pizza is not that good…go for the cottage cheese. As my grandmother would say…it will put hair on your chest!

2 Likes

LOL :D

1 Like