Gas Prices

Good Morning i was wondering if you have notice that the Gas Prices are down for now, but i just heard that they will be going back up again this makes no sense to me does anyone know why??? we keep struggling to keep going, and all they do is raise prices gas food electric and heating when will it end??

3 Likes

I know, it is so frustrating. My electric bill DOUBLED and my small condo is all electric. And I haven’t even hit winter yet. Gas is still about $3.60 here. While I am grateful that I am able to pay all the bills, each increase squeezes more and more out of me.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s under $4 in Maine (where I’m at for a few more days). Holiday travel and all kinds of supply chain issues plus things like the war in Ukraine don’t help!

2 Likes

Enjoy Maine @will.s! Damariscotta Lake is my favorite place in the world.

2 Likes

We use a free app called Upside, it locates gas stations in your area (along with restaurants) that gives you a % off your gas per gallon. It varies from station to station and brands.

2 Likes

I have an electric stove and did not use the oven function from May to yesterday. If the A/C is on, the oven isn’t–period. No excuses.

I use a burner or the microwave otherwise. I’ve done this for years and it helps counter summertime increases. I also will hang up some of my clothes to air dry (as I have an electric dryer too). And, now that I’m using my oven again, I will: 1) turn off my oven at least 5 minutes before my cooking time ends and keep the door closed, and 2) I will cook multiple items in the oven at the same time to maximize it.

3 Likes

thank you all for your post, its just plan crazy that we are raising prices here in the united state when will it stop ???have a great day this community is so kind caring and helpful thank you

1 Like

I’m liking your suggestions, @polarmoney. I have both gas (heating, dryer) and electric (cooling, cooking), and I have to say I’m looking forward to winter to get a break on the high electricity bills. Gasoline here has been hovering under $3 for a bit so that’s something.

2 Likes

@kellyfromkeene posted:

Enjoy Maine @will.s! Damariscotta Lake is my favorite place in the world.

We’ll have to go there next time! We hugged the coast mostly – Bar Harbor down to Portland!

2 Likes

Supply and demand is the name of the game. Unfortunately as long as we are reliant on gas to get from place to place the price will always be out of our control and controlled by the marketplaces.

1 Like

we are going back up in prices for Gas again as of Oct,2022 was down to 4.35 now up to 4.55

1 Like

The gas prices went down because of the primary elections in Sept, the political party in charge of the prices and supply want to appear to be the saviors of the economy. So the prices are again rising and again will decrease in price right before the Nov elections, you can count on it.

What should remind the population is how much the economy is directly effecting us, the American consumers.

Also OPEC comes into this equation, they have decided to cut the production to further take control of the price of petroleum products. We are at their Mercy. We should be drilling for our own gas, but this has been blocked.

1 Like

When governments print money to pay their bills, they steal from all of us.