Healthcare questions

Hi

i am still on the healthcare journey. 25% of my life has been without healthcare so I feel for people who lost their job and healthcare this year. Luckily when the insurance company said my healthcare cost 2400 a month (when I lost my job a few years ago) I used ACA Obamacare to tide me over. I feel bad for anyone who is stuck between jobs if the government decides get rid of ACA. Or even those with pre existing conditions. Most people don’t know that the ACA provides rules to protect all people with pre existing conditions - and covid is a prexisting condition.

But now I am worrying about Medicare. I calculated I would have to pay 500 a month for the first two years. Has anyone figured out this mess? Please let me know your best ideas on what type of Medicare to get.

Thanks!

Sharon

1 Like

Let’s all be sure to vote so that no one loses Obamacare. I paid about $350 per month my first 10 years on Medicare due to the amount of my benefits & the better coverages I chose to carry. Only recently did I qualify for the extra help where I pay the standard $135 per month and maintain my better coverages and get very good prescription co-pays. I just received notification that I qualify for this again in 2021.

Wow! How were you able to get the extra help? This feels like three card Monte and I am going to guess the wrong card and ruin my finances by choosing the wrong plan.
Sharon

this is such a scary time for everyone who has to have medicar and worry about the payments and the co-pays

Hi

Oh and don’t get me started on the fact they want to take away SS. What do people think the payroll tax (SS) is? That funds SS!!! If you don’t find SS there is no SS. This needs another discussion.
Sharon