If Money Was No Object, Where Would You Travel and Why?

I am a lover of travel and a huge advocate for people having dreams and seeking to fulfill their dreams.

That being said, I am curious to know where my fellow Penny Hoarders would travel if money wasn’t something you had to worry about.

What would be your dream trip/vacation and why would you choose that specifically?

Time to do a little dreaming! thumb

8 Likes

england-1792727_1920

For me it would be Stone Hedge @moore.income. Would love to just sit there and listen to the silence. Always been intrigued by Stone Hedge.

4 Likes

I would take my family on a disneyworld/cruise vacation just like my husband and I took for our honeymoon 20 yeaqrs ago in October of this yearl.

4 Likes

@deon.christie Stone Hedge sounds interesting!

@giny that is a great dream and would be a great way to celebrate! Totally possible to achieve as well!

3 Likes

Giny posted:

I would take my family on a disneyworld/cruise vacation just like my husband and I took for our honeymoon 20 yeaqrs ago in October of this yearl.

First, congratulations @giny. May life bless you so you can do an anniversary trip down memory lane. I have never been out of Africa, you got me thinking… ;)

3 Likes

GINY that sounds wonderful. When we was younger we wanted
to take our kids there.

DEON CHRISTIE does sound very interesting. Just looked it up
you like old things in history?

2 Likes

For me I dreamed as a little kid to go to Paris or Hawaii.
But now with our health I don’t think this is possible.

So I say any where in the USA just hubby and I. We have
never taken a vacations alone in our 36 years we been married.

The other one would be to take all our kids and grand kids
to Disney world.

3 Likes

Deon Christie posted:

england-1792727_1920

For me it would be Stone Hedge @moore.income. Would love to just sit there and listen to the silence. Always been intrigued by Stone Hedge.

Stonehenge is a place I’ve visited a few times over the years. We’ll be back in May. It is a special place. If anyone wants to go there, the best way is to arrange a Stonehenge Stone Circle Access pass. It allows you to walk among the stones. Otherwise you would be outside the roped off area. Highly recommended.

4 Likes

I’ve visited Stonehenge a couple times and will be there in May. It is a very other worldly place. If you do go I recommend arranging a visit through the Stonehenge Stone Circle Access program. You will be able to walk around inside the stones. Otherwise, you will have to stay outside the roped off area.

4 Likes

@bonnie.squires That is a great travel goal!

3 Likes

@friardave thanks for sharing your travel advice!

2 Likes

MOORE INCOME thank you

2 Likes

I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights…and I don’t particularly care where I go to see them, tho Norway or Finland would be nice! I spent some summer vacations in Minnesota, and family would talk about the lights…a winter phenomenon…and I remember how in awe I was of the photos and newscasts I saw back then.

5 Likes

@mintjulep that is also one of my wife’s dreams. I know getting up into Canada and Alaska you can see them. We want to go to Iceland as we have heard you can get some amazing views of them there.

On rare occasion, the lights have been spotted here in Fargo, ND where I live but it is not that likely and not as nice as seeing it out in the open would be.

5 Likes

@Moore Income (aha!..is this how you link?) If you make that trip to Iceland, please share travel tips. I’ve spent a few minutes researching trips to see the Northern Lights and because they are so unpredictable, I pushed the thought way down the bucket list, even tho as a travel destination, it’d be at the top. According to family the lights are very rare in MN, as well.

3 Likes

I posted twice. The first I never saw it and posted again. Sorry for the duplication.

3 Likes

@friardave I noticed that. That’s alright, it happens from time to time for me too.

If you click on the “Take Action” button on the bottom right of one of your posts, you can actually delete one of the duplicate comments if you want. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

I would travel the world to better understand humankind

7 Likes

Bonnie Squires posted:

GINY that sounds wonderful. When we was younger we wanted
to take our kids there.

DEON CHRISTIE does sound very interesting. Just looked it up
you like old things in history?

That I do @bonnie.squires, especially Mythology. There are many great stories about the Druids and Stone Hedge. It is believed that the Druids (Celtic Pagans) built Stone Hedge as a place of worship.

3 Likes

Bonnie Squires posted:

For me I dreamed as a little kid to go to Paris or Hawaii.
But now with our health I don’t think this is possible.

So I say any where in the USA just hubby and I. We have
never taken a vacations alone in our 36 years we been married.

The other one would be to take all our kids and grand kids
to Disney world.

Disney World sounds great @bonnie.squires. Although it will be quite a journey from South Africa. Perhaps one day… cool

2 Likes