Introduce yourself!

Thanks Will I am enjoying the new site I keep looking around to fine new post

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Patricia, originally a Midwesterner but have lived in Central Florida for 54 years. My background is residential real estate, a licensed broker, and my significant other and I owned a land surveying company. We are now both retired and I’m learning all over again how to manage finances. It’s a little different than when we both had reliable annual incomes! We feel we have planned well, our financial advisor guided and continues to advise us but I find it very scary to live on a fixed income which for us includes social security along with investments we made along the way. Most of my life experiences have been “on-the-job-training” which for me was the very best way. Mistakes became priceless education. Successes became rewards, usually after the mistakes! I have found the Penny Hoarder site to be a best source for down-to-earth information and guidance. It’s consumers helping consumers along with professional, factual information and direction. I’ve been here for several years and liking the new format and design!

4 Likes

Hello,My name is Debbie and I am new here. Im just learning about this so I really dont have alot to say. When I am more familiar here,I will come back and update my comment! Have a great weekend. Thank You for adding me :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi I’m Fred, joined newly. I’m a financial analyst and a bit obsessed with financial forums and discussions. Even as an expert you still learn a thing or two from the financial life of the average individual.

4 Likes

welcome mintjulep this is a great community learning and sharing

3 Likes

will its great to be on the new web site this community is great hello everyone

3 Likes

Actually, I was trying to reply to a post already written. A blank box doesn’t appear where I can do that. Thanks,

2 Likes

@sthom Are you still having this issue? Pressing the Reply button in most cases should prompt a text box to pop up. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have!

So glad to see you here, @irishnanny! I’d expect several new posts to go live this week!

1 Like

As difficult as it is to go through something like that, it is now a life lesson that you will be able to share with others and maybe even help some from making some of the mistakes you wish you could go back and fix. Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you and your commitment to not making the same mistakes twice is commendable!

2 Likes

Great to see you here on the new site @mexpensive, @miamia and @mintjulep!

And welcome @donnap1121, @deborah.bernier and @fredramon0 – looking forward to reading your contributions in the future!

2 Likes

Hi, Lisa from Connecticut. Love all the budgeting information and find it very useful.

3 Likes

That is an amazing accomplishment, and such a relief to be moving forward. One thing I wish I would have recognized when younger, with my children and even as a supposed-to-be- wiser MiMi (my moniker, too!) is that experiences are the best memories. I realize now that the material items usually expire, but great times and love do not. One year in tight times I was forced to purchase a scraggly, crooked, pathetic, live Christmas tree for really just a $5 tip to get it loaded into my car. My 9 year old son was mortified. But we called it our Charlie Brown tree and when we were done decorating it you could see all the ornaments so much better than any full tree we’d had before. It was beautiful! My son, now 52 still talks fondly about that tree! You’ll make Christmas wonderful for your children and grands, I have no doubt!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Perry!

2 Likes

HI Lisa, welcome to the community!
It’s great to see fellow New Englanders on here.

1 Like

Good morning Fred, welcome to the community!

2 Likes

HI Debby, welcome to the community!

1 Like

Wow, I love the new site modernization!
I’m Kara. My current financial concerns: I have a toddler and hope to have another kid soon, however, having children is expensive (childcare costs!!!), and my existing personal debt doesn’t help either. But I’m here to learn and save :]

2 Likes

Hello, my nsme is Teresa. Iam 54 and a full timr college student from rural nw Wisconsin.

2 Likes

Hi Teresa- welcome to the community! We are glad you are here.

1 Like