It's so quiet on here! Any financial "wins" this summer?

I Hope you all are having a great summer!

It’s been busy with kids out of school, family visits, vacations, and of course, work. I was SUPER excited to see the my PSLF went through finally, after jumping through so many hoops. But it was worth it.

PSLF was started under President George W Bush and it has a quite a history.

I’ll be taking a brief trip to DC this fall for work, and that should be a leaning experience- I have never been. So any advice or suggestions will be welcome. I have already started saving.

Any financial wins you want to shout out? :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome to hear your loan forgiveness went through, that’s a huge financial win. Congrats! My summer goals were stretched due to much higher than expected medical bills (still crossing fingers on the insurance denial appeal) however I did succeed getting my kids 529 started (adding monthly), funded a couple of vacations / visits with family, and paid off my car loan 2 years ahead of schedule.

1 Like

Well those are fabulous- congratulations!
Good luck with the insurance.

Congrats on your loan forgiveness! Recent financial wins include paying down credit card debt. I celebrate each monthly payment as it gets me closer to my goal. Enjoy your trip to DC. There is so much to see and do!

2 Likes

Thanks Brigat! Congratulations to you as well! I would eventually love to get to no debt, but that’s a longer journey- still paying on a mortgage. It’s nice to see a real person on here. SO MUCH spam lately!

1 Like

Interesting you should mention about Spam, @kellyfromkeene . I’ve been seeing posts that don’t appear to come directly from regular community members with regular concerns. It’s almost like some are written by companies or people who think they are writers/editors for the PH. I’m not sure.

1 Like

Oh, and I have not been winning this summer :wink:. It’s been a long, hard, blazing hot summer here in Texas, plus my A/C condenser died. Hello, new expense.

There is so much spam! And much of it gets blocked before it’s even posted. I miss the old PH group.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that lots of things get blocked. I agree that it is quiet, but I’ve not been home much so don’t get to read the posts as much now. I do keep up with the daily newsletter emails as they come in. I am so ready for Fall.

1 Like

Fall has arrived here in my part of South Carolina @sthom. How about where you live?

1 Like

@kellyfromkeene, Has the PH format changed?

1 Like

It’s wonderful here right now. Things started to improve last week when we got quite a bit of rain (which brought us out of drought, hopefully), and then the temperatures stayed well under 100, mid-90s. But, the past Sunday and today were amazing…in the 80s and dropping to 70s in the evening. You actually felt like you wanted to start gardening projects. I’m also back in my home, which is bearable again.

1 Like

I emailed a few people asking about it, but haven’t heard back from anyone. I don’t know what’s going on here. There doesn’t seem to be anyone moderating it and there is SO MUCH spam. I try to weed out most of it, but…Who knows, maybe they are moving in a different direction?

I haven’t been around here in a while just due to life being busy but doing a little research today it does look like Will (according to his LinkedIn profile) has changed jobs to a different company and since he is still listed as the Community Manager here I am guessing they are just giving up on the community as they didn’t put a new Community Manager in place and nothing has been posted from the staff about any changes. Ever since TPH got bought out by an investment group, it seems like it has lost most of its personal touch especially in the community. The old community platform had some things that didn’t work the best but this new platform is so much more complicated and I have never been able to really figure it out which has led me to stop hanging out here that much. Anyways, it was great while it lasted but I am starting to think that this community won’t be around too much longer unless they really put some focus into reviving and revamping it.

1 Like

Exactly. I liked the old group! I stayed around for awhile but when I reached out to both Will and TPH in general and didn’t get a response, I haven’t been keeping up with much of anything around here. I miss it, but…
Hope you are well!