Introduce yourself!

Welcome to all the new folks here! @fredramon0 @deborah.bernier @donnap1121 @teresa.warnke

3 Likes

welcome every one nice to meet you all this is a great community love learning and sharing have a great day

2 Likes

Hello, everyone! I’ve been a Penny Hoarder all my life :smiley:, but just joined this group about 2 years ago. I’ve learned a lot and hopefully I’ve shared something that has helped someone else. Looking forward to learning more about frugal living!

2 Likes

Welcome @lismox. I used to work as a Library Technical Assistant years ago. It was by far my favorite job! I’m with you on those focus groups. The extra money comes in handy to supplement my Social Security.

1 Like

Welcome @teresa.warnke and great to see you here on the new site, @brigat!

1 Like

Will do, Will. Thanks,
For some reason, I wasn’t seeing a reply box. Maybe I wasn’t actually signed in.

1 Like

Welcome :hugs: lol forward to your post

2 Likes

Welcome everyone nice to see you all back

2 Likes

welcome nice to meet you

1 Like

Hi!
I joined just this minute! Glad to meet everyone, just in time for 2023!

1 Like

Welcome @DecemberDot!

Hi, entrepreneur and mom which is what brought me to the Penny Hoader community. Lastest financial win, new Milestone credit card/failure -turned down for a Credit Karma credit builder account.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Tonya_S ! There’s a lot of content here and lots to peruse. Congrats on the Win! We look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Hi been here a while. Find good information from this site. It is good to be in great company . We all seem to be trying to navigate the best we can through the financial ups and downs of life.

1 Like

Welcome December dot

1 Like

Hi, I’m Doug from Canada. I stumbled on this site by accident. I was just doing some cleanup before a major move where I will move my accumulated hoard of the past 40 years or so. But unlike some people, I do not feel happy about any of it, more frustrated and very unhappy. This happened before, some 13+ years ago when my mother died and I had to move from a spacious 2900 sq. foot home to one that was about 1/3rd the size. I’m having to move everything and break up my normal way of life because of an incursion of rats that seem to have invaded my dugout basement. Unfortunately, because of events of the past 13 years, I no longer have a vehicle and can’t get friends to help me move stuff to a storage locker. So, I will have to wait a few weeks, fight off the rats and then make a move with rented vehicles over the course of a few days. I think I can do that but it will be quite the job. And then I have to figure out what I really want to do with this stuff, how long I want to keep it or what to sell. I do have a large garage, so some things that are not weather sensitive can be stored there indefinitely. But this whole “just dump everything and you will be happier” makes me feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day…walk in front a truck! So, it’s going to be something I’ll have to work at over the course of a few weeks. After the move, I can get the exterminators in and have them get rid of the vermin. After that? Who knows?

Welcome @tanya062! Congrats on the win and our failures are always opportunities for learning and growth. :slight_smile:

@dougo13 Welcome! Sounds like the move might be a blessing in disguise. I was living in my father’s old house among many keepsakes, furniture, dishes and odds and ends that I inherited. I didn’t really notice most of my dad’s things until I decided to move a few states over here in the US. I was able to keep the sentimental things and got rid of a lot of items that I just couldn’t justify bringing with me. That said, I still have a storage locker full of “sentimental” or “valuable” things in a storage unit. I’m at the point where I’m ready donate it all or sell it for super cheap. One thing I’ve learned is that, while it’s hard to let go of things, once you do, you can always buy more. And that’s more fun than keeping a bunch of old junk around, for me at least. Good luck!

Welcome to the community!

Wow, Dougo13, that’s a lot to deal with! I am sorry- it clearly feels overwhelming. I wish I knew of some resources in Canada that could assist. All you can do is what you can do- getting started is important. I found a few family services agencies that will help clean out and organize a hoard, but not sure where you live.

If it’s not a hoarding issue and it’s just a lot of stuff- then good luck as you sort through all this! And I hope the exterminators do a great job and you never knew the rats were even there. And when you move your stuff back- maybe it wont be as much since you are going through it twice!

T0nya welcome to the community