What financial wins (big or small) can you share?

We’re all working towards our own personal financial goals and I’m curious…

What are some of your (big or small) wins that you’ve accomplished this week or month? Do you have any specific goals for April?

Let me know!

1 Like

Just yesterday, my wife and I paid off another one of our credit cards with a major balance. We now only have one more with a major balance and two with small balances and we are hoping to have them completely paid off very soon!

4 Likes

Love this! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

April is not the month to ask this question!!! We just sent Uncle Sam the check for our income taxes.

1 Like

I had to pull money from savings to cover some medical expenses. My goal for April is to put it back to savings, and also appeal some of those expenses.

1 Like

I can’t say I have one. That’s the problem. I do have a suggestion for a topic here or under Retirement. For those of us who have retired or will have to retire. How to spend our retirement wisely. For example: where are the best places to retire? COLORADO ranks #3 with long lives, good senior medical services, etc. But Casper WY is one of 23 cities where you can live on $1500 per month. So how to choose if you could move anywhere. These kinds of questions are important when you are a senior and it’s too late to save or invest for retirement and you have what you have

@linda.dunlap those are great ideas for topics on retirement. Feel free to start any of those topics in the “Retirement” section and I am sure it will make for a great discussion!

1 Like

I second that! You should definitely ask that question in the retirement forum @linda.dunlap =)

mintjulep posted:

April is not the month to ask this question!!! We just sent Uncle Sam the check for our income taxes.

That’s fair! Good point. Are you getting anything back?

I can’t remember the last time we had a refund, we own a small business and Uncle Sam loves small businesses!

Oh no! I understand that. I freelance and it’s very rare to get anything back from that either.

1 Like

April will be a good month for me as I get to travel for work and get to visit family while I’m there so almost a free trip on my part. Plan to keep packing lunch daily as working out of the house all month to keep food costs to a minimum. All work expense reimbursements are going to final credit card and hoping to be free of credit card debt by end of June… which is 18 months ahead of what was originally put into the budget.

1 Like

@shannon.h That’s Awesome! Keep it up and be sure to let us know how it goes!