Last-Minute Halloween Costumes

Halloween weekend is fast (like, way-too-fast) approaching!

A few years ago, I wrote about putting together last-minute Halloween costumes from items I had in my closet. It’s become a favorite around here – in no small part due to the fact that I dress up like a Minion (and yes, there are pictures and and a video).

And while I would say my wardrobe is more… colorful? loud? obnoxious? than some, I’m guessing there’s at least one idea in here that any closet could replicate with a little ingenuity.

So if you’re in need of a last-minute costume idea (or a laugh), check it out and let me know what you come up with!

https://www.thepennyhoarder.co…-halloween-costumes/

2 Likes

Currently, my last-minute go-to is a zip-up skeleton onesie. Cowboy is a pretty easy one to throw together as well, but your ideas are much more creative, @grace.schweizer!

2 Likes

Ok love the onesie idea @will.s! And Cowboy might just be doable ?

2 Likes

My brothers and sisters and I made our own costumes while growing up in the 1960s and 1970s. For my own kids, I helped them to create their own costumes. We were Pirates and Clowns and Ghosts and Princesses and Bums/Hobos. Using items we found throughout our house.

School uniforms, like if the child plays Baseball or Football or is a Cheerleader will work too.

2 Likes

Impromptu can be part of the fun in dressing up. We visited a 2nd hand store last week and found a wig, loud shirt and tie, awkward pants to match and all Halloween items were half price. Oh, and a package of store donated Halloween makeup for the “professional” touches, all for $15. My husband will be the Rock Star handing out candy. Outrageous! Will make a cardboard guitar.

2 Likes

I am a bit late to the party, but I feel like Squid Game costumes is pretty popular this year. And since they’ll do a season 2, I feel like it’s a pretty great costume idea in the long run (since Netflix will probably keep pumping it out as long as it’s profitable). If you don’t want to be super-duper color accurate, you can just wear a hoodie and pants of similar color and just buy the masks.

Bodies grow a lot YoY but heads don’t. So it’s quite a good idea since you can just buy one mask and have it last for a few years.

https://goodmoneygoodlife.com