Medicare Changes for 2023

Just read the article, " 5 Medicare Changes to Expect in 2023, Like $35 Insulin & Free Shingles Shots" by Rachel Christian on the Penny Hoarder site. As a senior, I’m excited to see that Medicare will now cover Shingles shots in 2023. I’m assuming that will be the newer updated Shingles shot. I had one in 2014, but it wasn’t the newer one. Yeah!

5 Likes

This is so nice to hear I just got over the shingles and got my first shot .now I will get my second in February wasn’t sure if I had to pay :moneybag: thank you for sharing Happy New Year

3 Likes

Yes, I remember my mother had shingles, and it was awful. I hope you are doing better. I want to avoid getting it at all costs, but the cost has been prohibitive.

3 Likes

yes i agree when i had my first shot. i was told i might have to pay for the next one but i see now thanks to you.that its free thank you

3 Likes

Shingles can strike at any age too. I had it at 43 and knew of someone who’d been in his 20’s when he got it. Getting run down, not been able to get enough sleep, were signs for me that I was about to get it. Fortunately, my experience wasn’t as bad as it could have been.

3 Likes

Hi polarmoney i am 72 and just got it. thank full i really didn’t know what it was. it got me through the worst which wasn’t bad and i am now making sure i got my shots thank you for sharing have a great day stay well

3 Likes

For those interested, here’s the link to @rachel.christian’s article on The Penny Hoarder!

2 Likes

Thank you will i am always happy to read your post and learn from you have a nice day

1 Like

Hi will just read the report and happy to see my next shot will be free thank you so much for sharing

2 Likes

That’s so great to hear, @irishnanny! Glad the article helped!

2 Likes

Please take care irishnanny!

3 Likes

thank you have a nice day

2 Likes