Mystery shopper gig

Is there any side gigs like mystery shoppers where you do not have to provide tax id number?

1 Like

I’m not sure if any require a tax ID, but here’s a recent article on The Penny Hoarder on secret shopper gigs: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co…g-companies-to-work/

Hope that helps and good luck!

1 Like

thank you for sharing always love learning on this great comminity

1 Like

I think most require your Social Security number. I do some mystery shopping as well, and if I recall they do ask for it, but it’s been so long ago, I don’t really recall. They probably do, because income gets reported to the IRS if you make over $600 a year.

1 Like

I have a friend who does this, she is assigned to certain restaurants and stores. It is a lot of running and effort, she seems to enjoy it. The majority of it is observation and then drawing the management’s attention on how they can improve. It can get confrontational so she has to be careful with her words and mannerisms.

1 Like

Although some companies do hire “secret shopper services” to analyze their customer service by having “secret shoppers” buy certain goods or services at their stores and report their experiences, the fraudsters operating the “Secret Shopper Scam” offer no such service

1 Like

I like field agent and merchandiser, I’ve made quite a bit of money with both of those. Also, Presto by InstaShopper. Hope this helps!!