Restaurant meals

A friend keeps her weight down by ordering a meal at a restaurant and a 2 go box at the same time…When she gets a meal, 1/2 of the meal and puts it in the 2 go box. She does eat it later. We get a lot of buy 1 get 1 free coupons. We split 1 meal and always buy 2 drinks. We take our free meal home and split it again between the 2 of us. At home we have a home made dessert to go with the meal. If you agree with me, do give the server a decent tip. Yes we will save money on food, but we do not want to be cheap to those who serve us. And we are opposed to throwing out of good food. Shelia Wright

5 Likes

I always bring home leftovers as well. The meals are often double sized anyway, and I like getting two for the price I pay.

5 Likes

If eating in, the server should be tipped based on the price of the full meal (s), even if it is a BOGO, (pre-tax) and the service they gave. I don’t tip if it is a carry out order.

2 Likes

i always bring home my left overs and eat them another day

5 Likes

good for you. too bad more people do not follow your example. Shelia Wright

1 Like

I definitely agree. Just because we’re on our journey to becoming financially independent doesn’t mean we have to be cheap during that journey!

Love it!

https://www.goodmoneygoodlife.com

2 Likes