Saving

Hello,I am a University student and would like to start saving for my future.

Would please advise me on some saving tips at campus

Sure, Mark.

But let’s start from somewhere. I graduated 2 years ago from college with No savings. It was a terrible time. Glad you are still in college and I think you are thinking right. Depending on what you do in school, you might be able to save a few bucks or even more. If you have some money, I think you should start a side hustle. Something you can do when you have some time in School.

Get started to build it up. Or invest in learning in skill while in school. I got a job 2 months after I left college and it wasn’t hard because I had spent all the money I made as a freelance web developer and writer to invest in myself. I had proof that I could do the job and that made the difference.

Last words

• Invest in learning a skill

• invest on a side-hustle

• You can save but the money you save is really not saved. Except you have a consistent flow of money.

2 Likes

Thanks man

Not knowing your situation. Assuming you’re taking class from home right now and looking forward to next year. Also assuming you’re not living at home for college. Find some pick up work and stash the cash. Some folks I knew helped with folks moving (one of the guys had a pick up truck). Some worked night jobs as security, or live in care for older folks, (good for study time). Maybe you could get work as a tutor. A friend met his students at the local public library. They got those jobs through an agency. If you can, live off campus in a shared apartment. Make your own meals. A crock pot is your friend. Those meal plans /eating out are killers. Coffee adds up too. Even if you just get a simple pour over or french press it would save you bundles.

2 Likes

@olivia posted:

Not knowing your situation. Assuming you’re taking class from home right now and looking forward to next year. Also assuming you’re not living at home for college. Find some pick up work and stash the cash. Some folks I knew helped with folks moving (one of the guys had a pick up truck). Some worked night jobs as security, or live in care for older folks, (good for study time). Maybe you could get work as a tutor. A friend met his students at the local public library. They got those jobs through an agency. If you can, live off campus in a shared apartment. Make your own meals. A crock pot is your friend. Those meal plans /eating out are killers. Coffee adds up too. Even if you just get a simple pour over or french press it would save you bundles.

Solid advice, @olivia.

1 Like