Savings Account Apps?

Interested to know if anyone out there is using any savings account apps to save money.

I personally have been using GRAND for a while now. They charge $2 a month but as long as you save money, every week they have a drawing and every week I have won $1.

They pay a 1% interest rate.

It has been a great way to save money without really noticing it is not in my checking anymore.

I have also used Aspiration which pays a decent amount and am trying out the Empower app.

Anyone else know of any savings apps?

1 Like

I have been using The Ally banking/savings app for a few months and have been quite happy. I have a checking and a savings account. The savings account currently earns 2.2% and has gone up twice since opening the account. I use the checking account to save for known upcoming expenses and the savings I am using for emergency fund. Also, there are no fees.

1 Like

Hi, I just did some research for a friend who has a kid and was looking at some options.

This one is interesting, there is a waiting list. but its the biggest APY ive seen yet. IntrX app - 2.91% APY

TAB Bank

2.40% APY

$1 minimum

Online and Mobile banking

Synchrony Bank

2.20 APY

No minimum

My Savings Direct

2.40% APY

No minimum

Restrictions on how deposits are made

Ally

2.20 APY

No minimum

Vio Bank

2.39 APY

No minimum

Marcus

2.25 APY

$1 minimum

Discover

2.10% APY

$1 minimum

CIT

2.45% APY

$100 minimum

$100/Month deposit

DCU

6.17% APY

Only on the first $1000

No minimum

Hope this helps

2 Likes

OMG I JUST FOUND THIS!!

https://www.t-mobilemoney.com/en/home.html

4.00% APY under $3000 and the following requirments

• Have tmobile wireless account
  • deposit $200/month

Now with these stipulations you can max. your money. See the secenarios below.

T-Mobile Money states you will make 4.00 APY if you have the fall in line within the 3 listing eligibities above. If you go over the $3,000. this means that the $3,000 will make anywhere between 2.79-4% APY and anything after the $3,000 will only make 1% APY.

So you put $2700 in the account, set up $200 deposits per month (which will bring it up to $2900, for the 4% APY). then you can set up a $200 withdrawal every month. this will keep it under the $3,000 threshold guanretee you the 4%.

1 Like