SSDI Isn't Enough To Make Ends Meet

I’m on SSDI, married $695./month isn’t much. My debt to ratio is more debts increased due to temporary illness. May I get positive feedback to get back on track financially !!! I do have good credit

2 Likes

You can work a limited amount of hours and make a limited amount of monies when on SSID. Call the nearest SS office and talk with them about it. Are you receiving Food stamps? Is there a local low income services program near you? They can help you with your utilities, lower electric, oil or gas payments.Find out what is available in your area. Google Local low income services online . Food banks are available for people on SSI and other government programs.Call your creditors and explain your situation if you can they are more than willing to listen and maybe set up a plan that will work for the both of you. Good luck.

4 Likes

Tyvm For Resources

Are you able to do any work at all? Are you crafty? I did some mystery shopping and made some good money with automobile shops and bank shops. I have also sold some earrings that I made. This summer I was able to answer a call for senior artists and sold a mixed media collage for good money and another one to the woman who curated our arts colony’s annual art exhibit. That has primed the pump for me to look into selling more of my artwork instead of letting it sit in the closet. And speaking of the closet, I have sold clothing and jewelry that I no longer wear on Poshmark! Just when you are worried about where you will find $20 to get you through till your check comes in, someone buys something! (Oh, do not use your credit cards!!!)

2 Likes

Tyvm! I’m a born gifted Native medium Psychic? I’m trying to build a website etc. I go threw anxiety & depression here & there. A SSDI resource ticket to work will be guiding me to get some skills and get a job I like and I get back pains at times. So in this site I’m learning alot Thank you for your positive feedback

1 Like

Contact your congressman or senator regarding resources available for fixed income & disabled. I’m on Ssdi as well, but disability retired from the federal government - so my pensions were a bit higher. You can also work up to a certain amount per month before they start to count the monies you earn against your pension. Go to Ssa.gov for additional information about these programs. Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank y’all soooo much!! I’ve done a lot of these mentioned. Mystery shopping, posh Mark, selling stuff. just kinda looking for some new ideas ?