Top 3 Sites That Can Help You Work From Home

The opportunity to work from home is a dream job for many people. Having the ability to do something you actually enjoy, set your own hours, and be your own boss is definitely an attractive benefits package. However, if you have ever tried to find ways to make money online, then you know there are plenty of time-wasting websites and multi-level marketing scams out there.

Survey sites, multi-level marketing, home-based business offers, and many other supposed means of earning money usually lead to one of two places. Either you are required to make a huge initial investment out of your pocket, or it turns out to be a complete scam. Most survey sites will require hundreds of hours of time before you make any real money. Home based businesses can run from a few hundred to several thousand dollars worth of initial investment to turn a profit.

So, if you’re tired of wasting your time searching for a viable means of income on the web, check out these top 3 sites that can actually help you work from home.

Content Creation On UpWork

If you have decent typing and grammar skills, content creation is a great way to earn a few extra dollars online. Whether you just want to bring in a few bucks to be able to afford an extra night on the town each month, or you want a decent second income, this is a great option. There are literally thousands of opportunities to work from home as a content creator, and you could land one of these gigs with relative ease.

Companies like UpWork offer a web-based platform where potential employers can post jobs and gigs. Potential employees can then place bids on the projects, and the employer selects the person they feel will be the most qualified to do the job. In most cases, a budget is included in the job description, which will help you choose the ones you actually want to bid on. The payment is handled directly through their website, and if you follow their guidelines, you are guaranteed to be paid for completed work.

UpWork is not free, but it is relatively cheap, with plans starting as low as $10 per month. You receive an e-currency called “Connects,” which can be used to bid on the jobs listed on the site. Each job costs a certain number of Connects, based on the quality and sector the job falls within. When you bid on jobs, take your time and select them carefully. Don’t bid on a lot of jobs at the same time, as you may find yourself selected for more tasks than you can handle. Once you are accepted for your first project, complete it within the allotted time, and you can collect your payment! The more you work, the more your reputation grows. Five-star reviews will help you land more clients, and eventually, you will be working in the top tier of creators on the site.

Fiverr Has A Wide Variety Of Gigs

Fiverr is set up for both employers and employees to post their information, and it is a great way to work from home. Possible job and gig categories include photography, voice-over work, acting gigs, content creation, and much more. As a potential employee, you can make money online with Fiverr by posting your skills and biography up for potential employees to select for gigs.

To be successful here, you need a detailed yet brief bio. It should outline your skills and the type of gigs you are looking for in a clear and concise manner. The most successful people on Fiverr have detailed bios that clearly deliver the message of why they are the best candidate in the fields they are advertising in. If you decide to go this route, do not rush through the bio. Nothing turns off potential employers more than a poorly written introduction that is littered with spelling errors and grammatical snafus.

Whether you want to be a content creator, social media influencer, or personal assistant, Fiverr could be the place for you! A little bit of research reveals that Fiverr has many satisfied users on both sides of the site. Both employees and employers love the ease with which the service can be used, and the cost is relatively low as well.

Live Streaming On Twitch & YouTube

In the vein of content creation, live streaming is fast becoming one of the most popular ways to make money online. Gamers have found that people will happily watch ads in order to see them play games they are good at. The ads, in turn, earn revenue for the streamer.

Aside from ad revenue, services like Twitch.tv also give viewers the ability to subscribe to the channels they like, which earns even more for the streamer. The ability to tip a streamer, or make a donation to them, is also possible on Twitch. The content categories are extremely widespread, with topics ranging from gaming to politics and sports. Some creators live to stream their regular day job, while others have developed a strong enough following to be able to stream full-time.

Aside from Twitch there are YouTube and Facebook live streaming as well. While Twitch only requires you to have 50 followers before you can start earning, YouTube has much stronger policies regarding the monetization of live streams. The platform requires at least 1,000 people to be subscribed to your YouTube channel before they will give you the ability to monetize the stream.

Live streaming is not a get rich quick scheme, as it requires hard work to actually build a community of people who will faithfully watch your content. In order to achieve this, you have to spend many hours streaming to a small number of viewers, and slowly build your base until you finally reach the point of making a profit. Streaming is an excellent way to share your hobbies while you work from home.

Here’s The Scoop

At the end of the day the facts boil down to two statements. First, you CAN work from home and actually make money. Secondly it takes hard WORK to truly earn a viable income on the web. The best ways to work from home include the options listed above. But none of them will make you hundreds or thousands of dollars overnight. You will have to put in hours of time and effort in order to see it pay off.

Don’t quit your job and hope to see an immediate profit from any of the methods above. Take time to do it right and set yourself up for success. Stay away from survey sites and work from home businesses that sound too good to be true. If it promises to make you rich overnight, it will almost certainly take more from you than it ever pays.

If you are looking for legit ways to work from home, then these sites are tried and proven to work by thousands of people just like you. I got my start on UpWork, back when it was called Elance. I also live stream on Twitch, and I have hired people in the past from Fiverr for various projects. If you’re looking to start a new career and work from home, the three platforms I listed are good options for almost anyone who wants to be their own boss. So, what are you waiting for? Check them out and see which one is the best fit for you!

2 Likes

I have a friend that is a virtual person assistant and has been for almost 20 years. Obviously it has evolved over the years, and she makes great money doing it! She loves working from home.
Thankfully my job allows me a hybrid schedule and I love it. I have though t that after the kids are gone, I might like to earn some extra money doing a side gig from home. A few more years though.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information I am going to check out these sites.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this is great to know

1 Like