Unemployed and paying taxes

Does the IRS give any options to pay taxes once you find a job if you are currently unemployed and 56yrs old? I lost my job in 2020 after working for 19 years, like so many others, the only income at this point is unemployment. I’m thinking I will owe because of a 401k loan that was being paid back while I had a job but now will be considered income since I lost that job and a withdrawal for the remaining amount that was done in Nov. 2020, under the CARES ACT that was under 40,000. All taxes that could be taken out from unemployment benefits and the 401k was opted to be taken out from the start of applying. I’m hoping this will be helpful in the long run. Will I qualify to free file? Should I free file or should I go with a filing service (like Turbo Tax or H&R Block, etc) that’s going to offer expert advice and assistance with the IRS if needed? I know I have to file, I just want to go with the best option for my situation and I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation given the catalyst is an ongoing pandemic.

Hi MzDez,
I’m not a CFP but here’s what I know.
People earning under $72,000 can file Federal Taxes for free with an IRS provider. I don’t know about your state taxes. https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/
Congress passed the latest Covid relief act in March and part of that bill was that unemployment up to about $10,200 was to be tax-free for last year. If you had taxes taken out, you will get that refunded when you file.

I don’t know anything about the 401k parts of your question. Perhaps it would be better to work with a tax professional to make sure all of your questions are answered correctly.