Vehicle

Good morning! I need to purchase a new (used) crossover/smallish SUV.

Does anyone have recommendations for Make/Model that you love? Or hate? And why!

1 Like

I bought my 5th GMC Terrain last year. I love it. It comes in front wheel drive or all wheel drive. My first one saved me from serious injury in a head-on collision.

2 Likes

Ford Escape, Ford Ecosport, GMC Terrain, Equinox, good little SUVs.

3 Likes

Really like Hyundai’s, great warranty! KIA’s are up and coming also. If you are considering a Hyundai, the Santa Fe has more storage than a Tucson.

2 Likes

great, thank you!

1 Like

I love my Subaru Forester. It is fun to drive, gets great mileage and is very highly rated for its safety features and high resale value.

2 Likes

Have heard that people who drive Subaru’s are unlikely to give them up for resale or trade. They just love them.

2 Likes

i also heard once they own one they don’t want to give them up, my son is one them

2 Likes

A couple of years ago, we had to have the transmission replaced on our Hyundai Santa Fe (2005) after extensive trouble shooting and 150,000 miles, they did the whole workup and included that workup in the price of the transmission, which was nice of them.

One thing they did warn us about is Nissans, they have the highest amount of transmission problems of any vehicles as seen in their shop. Have to admit Nissans are easy to look at, and we were thinking about getting 1, but since they put out that piece of info on them, it changed our minds.

2 Likes

Have a Subaru Outback and have had several Honda CRV’s, can’t go wrong with either. Really comes down what feels most comfortable to you (go sit in one and test drive) and your wallet.

1 Like

I just got a Hyundai avenue and I am in love it is just the right size for me. Maybe look into Hyundai avenue it is a small cross over and so cute.

1 Like

you cannot go wrong with a Honda new or used I Love mine

1 Like

Hear ye, hear ye, @big.lew to the Equinox. I have a 2006 model I purchased Oct 2005, and it’s still running. I’m shooting for 200K miles. I was pleasantly surprised at just how good a vehicle choice it was. I constantly get buy-back purchase offers from the dealer that I originally purchased it from!

2 Likes